Die ersten 200 Zeilen.
翻译:CharlesChouBlues 转制请保留译者信息
这星球上的每个人 Every living person on this planet
都拥有独一无二的双眼 has their own unique pair of eyes,
每双眼睛自成一个宇宙 each their own universe.
我是伊恩·格雷博士 My name is Dr. Ian Gray.
我是一位父亲 I'm a father,
一位丈夫 a husband
也是一名科学家 and I'm a scientist.
当我还是孩子时就发现 When I was a child I realized that the camera
相机的原理与人眼相同 was designed exactly like the human eye,
光线从镜头中穿过 taking in light through a lens,
再被转化为图像 forming it into images.
我开始尽可能多地 I began taking as many pictures of eyes
用相机记录他人的双眼 as I possibly could.
我想为你们讲述一个故事 I'd like to tell you the story
有一双眼睛 改变了我的世界 of the eyes that changed my world.
请记住这双眼睛 Remember these eyes.
记住眼睛中的每一处细节 Remember all the details in these eyes.
好了 Okay.
在故事的开头 我还是一名26岁的博士在读生 It started when I was a 26-year-old PhD student
在纽约生活 living in New York.
那是八年前的万圣夜 It was Halloween,eight years ago.
你还好吧 You okay?
我在赏月 I'm watching the moon.
能给你的眼睛拍张照吗 Can I take a picture of your eyes?
为什么 Why?
个人爱好 It's just something I do.
好吧 Okay.
相机被我改良过了 I've perfected this.
嗨 Hi.
嗨 Hi.
你知道雉的故事吗 Do you know the story of the Phasianidae?
不知道 No.
那是什么 What's that?
那是种鸟 It's a bird...
它能在眨眼间感受全部的时间 that experiences all of time in one instant.
它能同时歌唱爱和愤怒 And she sings the song of love and anger
恐惧与快乐 and fear and joy and sadness
还有悲伤 all at once...
所有的感情都会化作一种美妙的声音 all combined into one magnificent sound.
你是何方神圣 Where are you from?
外星人 Another planet.
那种鸟的声音是什么样的 What does the bird sound like?
就像这样 It sounds like this.
靠近点 Lean closer.
老天 Geez...
更像是噪音 It's more like noise.
是啊 Yeah.
当这种鸟 And this bird...
遇见它此生所爱的时候 when she meets the love of her life,
它会快乐 也会难过 is both happy and sad.
快乐是因为另一半的幸福才刚刚刚开始 Happy because she sees that,for him, it is the beginning,
难过是因为这幸福于它在眨眼间已然结束 and sad because she knows it is already over.
嘿 你想喝点什么吗 Hey, hey, do you want to get a drink?
不喝 I don't drink.
什么都不喝吗 Like, anything?
你明早醒来后不会后悔吧 You're not gonna regret this in the morning, right?
身份已确认 Your identity confirmed.
那个DNA转录因子项目 我做完了 I finished that transcription factor program.
昨晚做的? Last night?
不是 No.
今早做的 This morning.
我干事可麻利了 小贱人 'Cause, bitch, I don't play.
这是录入基因 然后 Got the input genes, and then you put
你把转录因子... - 等等 your transcription factor... - Wait a minute.
你身上都是伏特加味 You stink of vodka.
我是说 这味道很难闻 I mean, like, bad. Like, it smells...
我知道 我知道我浑身酒臭味 Yeah, I know, I know I reek off vodka.
别那么大声说话 Stop talking so loud.
我把你全部的数据 Okay, I consolidated all your data
都整合进一个数据库了 into one database.
不用谢 You are welcome.
你太厉害了 我讨厌你 You're amazing.I hate you.
我爱你才帮你整理的 Well, I love you--that's why I do it.
对了 Oh, hey.
有个新的轮换学生给你带 You got a new rotating student.
一年级的 It's a first-year.
我了个... Oh, sh...
好好当个保姆吧 伙计 Have fun babysitting, buddy.
你该嚼口香糖了 You need gum.
你该带孩子去了 You need to have fun babysitting.
凯伦 - 嗨 我是伊恩 Karen. - Hi. Ian.
稍等 Can I...?
跟我来 Follow me.
你正在尝试 You're attempting to make
让色盲老鼠分辨颜色? - 最初的设想是这样 color-blind mice see color? - That's the idea.
不过在失败试验 编号... But after failed experiment
352之后 352...
也许吧 we'll see.
为什么 Why?
什么为什么 Why what?
为什么这么多实验都失败吗 Do so many experiments fail?
为什么你想让色盲老鼠分辨颜色呢 Why are you interested in making color-blind mice see color?
为什么不呢 Why not?
你怎么确定它们能不能分辨颜色 How are you testing that they see color?
作为新来的实验室轮换助手 As the new rotating lab assistant,
你的工作就是 your job will be to do very boring,
做些无聊又重复的实验 very repetitive experiments,
说好听些还能算个笔记员 be a glorified note taker,
以及不要不停问我『为什么』 and not ask me "why" every five minutes.
好吗 Okay?
很好 Cool.
开始实验... Commencing experiment...
编号353 3-5-3,
测试家养小鼠对光色素蛋白的反应 response to photopigment protein in Mus musculus.
对照组对象 B 贝塔的B The control subjects B Beta
伽玛的G G Gamma,
喜悦的E E Euphoria,
P... P...
灵魂睡眠的P Psychopannychia.
那词什么意思 I don't know what that means.
你可以查字典 Look it up.
感谢上帝的G "G" as in goodness gracious,
拜托帮帮忙的H "H" as in help me, please,
《祖兰德》的Z "Z" as in Zoolander,
对照组对象为 are the mice muted
抑制光色素蛋白后的小鼠 with the photopigment protein.
当线条开始移动时 When we animate the lines...
色盲的小鼠 color-blind mice
会凝视前方 stare straight.
然后 Whereas...
祝我们好运吧 fingers crossed...
被抑制的小鼠 the muted mice..
视线会跟随线条移动 ...track the lines with their eyes.
我的天 - 我的天啊 Holy shit. - Holy fucking shit.
这是在PAX6基因 Is this on the background
超表达的情况下发生的吗 of PAX6 overexpression?
你真是一年级生? You're a first-year?
我知道了 你觉得一年级生什么都不懂 I know-- it's surprising I can put together a sentence.
抱歉 不过我之前那三个实验助手 Sorry, I... I asked my last three lab assistants
都让我直接给了学分送走了 not to come in and I'd sign their credits.
不管怎么说 这只是第一步 Anyway,this is just one step
后面还有很长很长的路要走 in a very, very long... process.
这只是个粗略的估计 This is a rough estimation,
人类的眼睛 but let's just say that the human eye
由12个重要部分组成 has 12 working parts, right?
而构造最简单的眼睛只含有一个部分 Simplest eye having one.
如果我们能通过单基因突变 So if we can fill in the gaps--
补全这之间的断层 the evolutionary gaps--
这之间的进化断层 using single mutations,
我们就可以描绘出 we can map out the most logical progression
构造最简单的眼睛 of the most basic eye...
向最复杂完备的人眼的演变过程 to the most complex, fully formed human eye.
我不明白 为什么要花时间做这件事 I don't understand--why take the time?
我们都知道眼睛是会进化的 We know that it evolved.
这只是个假设 还不是事实 It's an assumption;it's not a fact.
当你不再是一年级生的时候 你就会明白 When you're no longer a first-year, you'll see
事实的重要性 how important facts are.
好吧 Right.
这里的每一种动物 Each of these animals has an eye
都拥有最适应其生存环境的眼睛 that's best selected for its environment.
如果 It would be...
你能找到一个起源点的话 cleaner-- less variables--
就能排除更多不确定因素 if you had an origin.
继续 Go on.
你现在的起点是一 You start with one...
最后到达十二 to get to 12.
但如果存在零呢 But what if you had zero--
一个非视觉性组织 a non-seeing organism--
但拥有能演变为一只眼睛的基因构成 and built, genetically,an eye from scratch,
一个能演变成十二的零点 a zero to 12?
这个理论成立的证明 无懈可击 It'd be a perfect proof, unassailable.
非视觉性组织里不存在PAX6基因 Non-seeing organisms don't have the PAX6 gene.
你怎么知道 有人研究过所有的组织吗 How do you know? Has anyone ever checked all of them?
我不认为有人... I don't think anyone has ever checked...
这么做过 all of them.
你之前就想到这点了 You've thought of this before?
那你为什么要惊讶 Why did you look surprised?
因为你也想到了 Because so have you.
好吧 Okay.
那群女孩是谁 Who were those girls?
哪群女孩? - 万圣节派对上的 Which girls? - The ones at the Halloween party
都穿着SM行头 in the S&M outfits.
SM行头? S&M outfits?
我遇到了其中一个女孩 但是不知道她的名字 I-I met one of them;I don't know her name.
我也没看见她的脸 但她的眼睛太美了 I don't know her face, but she had these most amazing eyes.
太特别了 So specific.
中心虹膜异色 Central heterochromia.
你提醒我了 Oh, reminds me.
猜我做了什么 Guess what I did.
什么 What?
我想到了 I figured out an improved
一种改良技术 implementation technique
来实践道格曼的生物测定学算法 for Daugman's biometrics algo.
你有没有过这种感觉 当你遇上某个 You ever feel like when you met someone,
填上了你心里一块空缺的人 they fill this hole inside of you,
在他们离开后 and then when they're gone...
你感觉身体变得空荡荡的 you feel that space painfully vacant?
你还好吧 Are you okay, man?
我很好啊 Yeah, yeah, I'm okay.
你还好吧 Are you okay?
你刚刚说什么 你刚才... What did you just say? Did you just...
说话的方式 就像个诗人 The way you talked was,like, poetic.
太诡异了 - 你闭嘴 It was weird. - Shut the fuck up.
太诡异了 老兄 你居然也会... So weird, dude, I can't believe...
糟了 Oh, shit.
这家伙的身体也空荡荡的 This guy is painfully vacant.
伊恩 瞧啊 他的身体也空... Ian, look at him-- he's so painfully va...
他的身体也空荡荡了 He's so painfully vacant.
走开 Fuck off.
No comments yet. Be the first to leave one.