Οι πρώτες 171 γραμμές.
"地球停轉之日"
好傢伙 Holy mackerel!
呼叫總部 叫中尉過來 Call headquarters. Get the lieutenant.
老天爺 那東西時速大約4000 Holy Christmas! That thing's doing about 4,000!
-難以置信 長官 -不會是飛行器 肯定是飛彈 -But that's incredible sir. -That can't be aircraft. Must be a buzz bomb.
我是法利斯基地的查理·貝克 This is Luckton at Ferris to Charlie Baker.
我發現了位於20萬呎高空 以4000哩時速飛來的敵機 I have a bogey at 200,000 feet. 4,000 miles an hour.
世界各地 全國都爭相報導 Reports are coming in from all over the Empire all over the world.
政府還沒有表態 但毫無疑問 The government has not yet issued a statement but there is no question
巨大不明飛行物以驚人的速度繞地球飛行 that there actually is a large unidentified object circling the Earth at incredible speed.
艾爾默·戴維斯再次報導 This is Elmer Davis again.
我們尚未知曉來自哪裡 但確有其物 We still don't know what it is or where it comes from but there's something there.
正被雷達跟蹤 以時速4000哩飛來 It's been tracked around the Earth by radar travelling at a rate of 4,000 miles an hour.
這不是另一起飛碟虛驚 This is not another "flying saucer" scare.
科學家和軍人都一致認同這是真有其事 Scientists and military men are already agreed on that. Whatever it is it's something real.
我們中斷節目公佈來自海軍消息 We interrupt this programme to give you a bulletin from a naval unit at sea.
一個飛行物以超音速穿越北大西洋上空 朝美國的東岸飛去 An object travelling at supersonic speed is headed towards the East Coast of the States.
這是HV·卡滕伯恩報導 This is HV Kaltenborn speaking.
首都出現焦慮和關注 但未出現明顯恐慌 Here in the nation's capital there is anxiety and concern but no outward sign of panic.
實際上 一切似乎正常 春和日麗 As a matter of fact there are signs of normalcy -the beautiful spring weather,
游客湧向紀念碑和其他建築 the tourist crowds around the public monuments and other buildings.
他們來了 They're here!
他們來了 They're here!
著陸了 在商場上空著陸了 They've landed! Over on the Mall! They've landed!
-給我接參謀長 -謝謝 請不要掛斷 -Get me the Chief of Staff. -Thank you. Hold the line please.
喂?我想跟總統通話 Hello. I want to speak to the president.
對不起 但是你得打斷他 I'm sorry but you'll have to interrupt him.
下午好 先生們女士們 我是德魯·皮爾森 Good afternoon. This is Drew Pearson.
特別電視報導 We bring you this special broadcast
驚人現象的最新消息 in order to give you the very latest information on an amazing phenomenon:
宇宙飛船到達華盛頓 the arrival of a spaceship in Washington.
政府和國防部官員關注 Government and Defense Department officials are concerned by reports of panic
幾個東部大城市的恐慌報導 in several large eastern cities.
我受命向你們保證目前還沒必要驚慌 I am authorised to assure you that so far there is no reasonable cause for alarm.
大規模敵人入侵的謠言完全是恐慌 The rumours of invading armies and mass destruction are based on hysteria
完全是虛假的 and are absolutely false.
我重覆 這些謠言完全是虛假的 I repeat these rumours are absolutely false.
這艘飛船設計用來在地球的大氣層外航行 The ship designed for travel outside the Earth's atmosphere,
於東部標準時間下午3:47在華盛頓降落 Landed in Washington today at 3.47pm Eastern Standard Time.
我們仍不知它從哪來 We still do not know where it came from.
這個飛船現在正停留在兩個小時前降落的地方 The ship is now resting exactly where it landed two hours ago,
到目前為止 沒有跡象表明 裡面有生命存在 and so far there is no sign of life from inside it.
軍隊已經從梅爾堡跨過波托馬克河匆匆趕來 Troops have been rushed across the Potomac River from Fort Myer
在飛船附近設下警戒線 and have thrown a cordon around the ship.
由坦克 炮車和衝鋒槍組成 They are supported by tanks artillery and machine guns.
在警戒線後是大批好奇的圍觀者 Behind the police lines there's a huge crowd of curiosity seekers.
軍隊已經作出預防措施 準備應對各種可能發生的緊急情況 The army has taken every precaution to meet any emergency which may develop.
每雙眼睛 每件武器都瞄準這艘飛船 Every eye every weapon is trained on the ship.
就這樣持續了兩個小時 緊張感正開始... It's been that way for two hours and the tension is just beginning...
等一分鐘 女士們先生們 我想有事要發生了 Just a minute ladies and gentlemen. I think something is happening.
我們是來進行和平訪問的 我們是善意而來 We have come to visit you in peace and with goodwill.
Gort! Deglet ovrosco!
這是給你們總統的禮物 It was a gift for your president.
有了這個 可以研究另一個星球上的生命 With this he could have studied life on the other planets.
-讓救護車過來 把他帶到華特醫院 -是 長官 Get that ambulance over here. Take him to Walter Reed Hospital right away.
長官 這是哈利先生 來自白宮 Mr Harley sir from the White House.
-將軍 -就在那裡 哈利先生 -General. -Right in there Mr Harley.
我是哈利 總統秘書 My name is Harley secretary to the president.
我聽說你會講我們的語言 你的名字是克拉圖先生? I've been told you speak our language and that your name is Mr... Klaatu?
克拉圖就好 Just Klaatu.
總統要我為所發生的事 向你轉達深深的歉意 The president conveys his deepest apologies for what happened.
請坐 哈利先生 Sit down Mr Harley.
謝謝 Thank you.
我想我需要坦率指出 你的到來實在令人驚訝 I'm sure I need hardly point out that your arrival was something of a surprise.
你航行了很長時間嗎? Had you been travelling long?
按你們的月份大約是五個月 About five months. Your months.
你一定航行了很遠的路程 You must have come a long way.
按你們的單位算 是2.5億哩 About 250 million of your miles.
很自然 我們想知道你從哪裡而來 Naturally we are very curious to know where you come from.
從另一個星球 From another planet.
那我們稱得上鄰居了 Let's just say that we're neighbours.
我們很難想像另一個星球是鄰居 It's hard for us to think of a planet as a neighbour.
在當前的形勢中 你需要這樣去想 In the present situation you'll have to learn to think that way.
-當前的形勢? -我指的是我來這裡的目的 -The present situation? -I mean the reason for my coming here.
我們對此也很好奇 We're very curious about that too.
-那你可以談談嗎? -很樂意 -Would you care to talk about it? -I'd be glad to.
當然不是現在和你一個人談 Not now of course with you alone.
你想和總統私下談? You'd rather talk personally with the president?
這不是私人事務 哈利先生 這關係到你們星球上的全人類 This is not a personal matter Mr Harley. It concerns all the people on your planet.
我...我不太明白 I... I'm not sure I understand.
我想和來自地球所有國家的代表會談 I want to meet with representatives from all the nations of the Earth.
恐怕有一點點尷尬 I'm afraid that would be a little awkward.
這完全沒有先例 It's completely without precedent.
還有現實的考慮 涉及的時間問題 以及距離很遠 And there are practical considerations -the time involved the enormous distances.
我航行了2.5億哩 I travelled 250 million miles.
我很欽佩 但是 I appreciate that but...
我想坦白地說 先生 我是說克拉圖 I want to be frank with you Mr... I mean Klaatu.
我們的世界此時充滿了緊張和懷疑 Our world at the moment is full of tensions and suspicions.
在當前國際形勢 這樣的會議是不可能的 In the present international situation such a meeting would be quite impossible.
那你們的聯合國呢? What about your United Nations?
你知道我們的聯合國? You know about the United Nations?
我們監測你們的無線電廣播多年了 We've been monitoring your radio broadcasts for a good many years.
-就這樣我們學會了你們的語言 -我敢肯定你從我們的廣播中得知 -That's how we learned your languages. -I'm sure you recognise from our broadcasts
在我們的世界中惡勢力製造混亂 我跟你肯定... the evil forces that have produced the trouble in our world. Surely...
我不管你們星球的內部事務 I'm not concerned with the internal affairs of your planet.
我來這裡的任務不是為瞭解決你們的小爭端 My mission here is not to solve your petty squabbles.
這關係到地球的每一個生物的生存 It concerns the existence of every last creature on Earth.
你能不能解釋一下 Perhaps if you could explain a little...
我會解釋的 同時面對所有的國家 I intend to explain. To all the nations at the same time.
我們如何著手 哈利先生? How do we proceed Mr Harley?
這樣 我們開個全體特別會議 Well we could call a special meeting ofthe General Assembly.
但是當然聯合國不代表所有的國家 But the UN doesn't represent all the nations.
那我建議所有主要國家的首腦召開會議 Then I suggest a meeting of all the chiefs of state.
相信我 你不瞭解的 他們不會坐在同一張桌子 Believe me you don't understand. They wouldn't sit down to the same table.
我不想威脅你們 哈利先生 I don't want to resort to threats Mr Harley.
我只是告訴你 你們星球的未來處於危險中 I merely tell you that the future of your planet is at stake.
我督促你向地球上的各國發送這條信息 I urge that you transmit that message to the nations of the Earth.
我會向總統建議的 I will make that recommendation to the president.
但是坦白告訴你 我不敢肯定結果會如何 But I must tell you in all honesty I'm extremely dubious about the results.
很明顯 我並不像你一樣對地球上的人有偏見 Apparently I'm not as cynical about Earth's people as you are.
我處理地球政治事務的時間比你更久 I have been dealing in Earth's politics a good deal longer than you have.
晚安 先生 Good night sir.
現在是凌晨2點 巨型機器人仍然沒有移動 It is now 2am and the giant robot still hasn't moved.
來自貝維爾堡的工程師無法移動它 Engineers from nearby Fort Belvoir have failed to budge him,
冶金專家發現它的巨軀堅不可摧 and metallurgical experts have found his huge body impregnable.
他們現在專注於飛船本身 目前沒有進展 They're now concentrating on the ship itself so far with no results.
中士 有進展嗎? Getting anyplace Sergeant?
沒有 長官 真讓我頭疼 長官 Oh no sir. This beats me sir.
我看到舷梯從這面出來 卻找不到裂縫 I saw the ramp come through the side ofthe ship right here. Now I can't even find a crack.
卡爾森 有什麼消息? Oh Carlson. What's the report?
不太幸運 長官 我們試了各種東西 從火炬到金剛石鑽頭 No luck sir. We've tried everything from a blowtorch to a diamond drill.
-它怎麼樣? -它也是用同樣的材料製成 -What about him? -He's made out ofthe same stuff.
-它有移動過嗎 中士? -沒有 長官 一寸都沒動過 -Has he moved Sergeant? -No sir. Not an inch.
這是我見過的最堅硬的材料 將軍 This is the toughest material I ever saw General.
從硬度到強度 都來自外面的世界 For hardness and strength it's out of this world.
我可以正式告訴你它正是從那兒來 I can tell you officially that's where it came from!
骨架結構完全正常 The skeletal structure's completely normal.
測試顯示主要器官是一樣的 心臟 肝臟 脾 腎 The tests show the same for major organs -the heart liver spleen kidneys.
是的 肺也和我們一樣 Yeah and the lungs are the same as ours.
那應該意味著相似的大氣 相似的氣壓 That must mean a similar atmosphere similar pressure.
-你覺得他的歲數是多大? -我想是35或是38 -How old do you think he is? -Oh I'd say 35 38.
他今天早上在我給他檢查時告訴我他78歲 He told me this morning while I was examining him. He's 78.
-我不相信 -壽命可以達到130歲 -Well I don't believe it. -Life expectancy is 130.
-他如何解釋這點 -說他們的醫學很先進 -How does he explain that? -Says their medicine's much more advanced.
他很自信 但是他讓我覺得自己像三流巫醫 He was very nice about it but he made me feel like a third-class witch doctor.
我昨天從他的手臂中取出一顆子彈 I removed a bullet from that man's arm yesterday.
-情況怎樣? -我剛檢查了傷口 痊愈了 -Well what about it? -I just examined the wound and it's healed.
-那他怎麼說? -他說他塗了藥膏 他隨身帶的 -What does he say about it? -Said he put salve on it stuff he had on him.
-你要如何處理它? -帶到樓下分析一下 -What are you gonna do with it? -Take it downstairs and have it analysed.
我不知道是要喝醉一場 還是放棄醫學 Then I don't know whether to just get drunk or give up the practice of medicine.
-下午好 哈利先生 -下午好 先生們 -afternoon Mr Harley. -Good afternoon gentlemen.
下午好 看到你能站起來走動 我很高興 Good afternoon. I'm glad to see you up and around.
-謝謝 有什麼消息嗎? -我想 不全是好消息 -Thank you. Have you any news? -Not very good news I'm afraid.
總統接受了你的建議 發電報邀請各國來參加會議 The president accepted your suggestion and cabled the invitations for a meeting.
我把答覆讀給你聽 Let me read you some ofthe replies.
"總理很願意告知美國總統 "The premier wishes to inform the US Government
要他參加美國總統建議的會議是不可能的 it will be impossible for him to attend the meeting suggested bythe president,
除非會議在莫斯科舉行" unless the meeting is held in Moscow."
"總統建議的可能在莫斯科召開的會議 "The suggestion of the president of the possibility of a meeting in Moscow
鄙國政府是不可接受的 would be unacceptable to His Majesty's Government at present."
只有在華盛頓舉行會議才能派代表前往" "Representation could be sent only if the meeting were held in Washington."
現在 你看到了 Well there you have it.
現在你該對形勢更加清楚 也許你想和總統討論一下 Now you understand more clearly perhaps you'd like to discuss it with the president.
我不會和任何單個的國家或國家集團談的 I will not speak with any one nation or group of nations.
我不想把自己投入你們幼稚的妒忌和猜疑中 I don't intend to add my contribution to your childish jealousies.
我們的問題很複雜 克拉圖 Our problems are very complex Klaatu.
-你不應該苛刻的判斷我們 -我只是通過我所見的作出判斷 -You mustn't judge us too harshly. -I can judge only by what I see.
-你的不耐煩是完全可以理解的 -我對愚蠢沒有耐心 -Your impatience is quite understandable. -I'm impatient with stupidity.
-我的種族學會了沒有它照樣生存 -恐怕我的種族做不到 -My people have learned to live without it. -I'm afraid my people haven't.
我真的抱歉 I am very sorry.
我寧願是不一樣的結果 I wish it were otherwise.
在做決定之前 我想我應該見見你們的民眾 Before making any decisions I think I should get out among your people,
瞭解這種奇怪的不理智態度的根源 and become familiar with the basis for these strange unreasoning attitudes.
在這種情況下 恐怕這是不可能的 Under the circumstances I'm afraid that's impossible.
我要你不要試圖離開這家醫院 I must ask that you don't try to leave the hospital.
我們的軍方堅持這一點 Our military people have insisted on this.
我相信你會理解的 I'm sure you understand.
-上校 從飛船來的人逃走了? -什麼?召集所有的人 -The man from the spaceship got away! -What? Get every available man.
“火星人”逃脫
醫院方拒絕對他如何逃脫進行評論 Hospital authorities refuse to comment on how he managed to escape...
對這個生物的描述 警察局長宣佈為謠傳 The descriptions of the creature are denounced as rumour by the police chief.
No comments yet. Be the first to leave one.