200 baris pertama.
尼古拉斯·天使巡警 Police Constable Nicholas Angel.
出生并受教于伦敦 Born and schooled in London.
1993年毕业于坎特伯雷大学 Graduated Canterbury University in 1993
成绩优秀 获得政治和社会双学位 with a double first in politics and sociology.
之后在海顿警校接受培训 Attended Hendon College of Police Training.
在实战方面显示出相当的天赋 Displayed great aptitude in field exercises.
尤其是平定城市暴乱方面 Notably, urban pacification and riot control.
退后! Back off!
在校期间理论课成绩和年终测评均为优 Academically excelled in theoretical course work and final year examinations.
被授予荣誉警棍 Received the Baton of Honor.
后以优异成绩毕业进入市警局 Graduated with distinction into the Metropolitan Police Service.
在社区中迅速树立起自己的威望 Quickly established an effectiveness and popularity within the community.
动动你们的脑子 Use your brain.
通过高级驾驶术和骑车术的课程 Proceeded to improve skill base with courses in advanced driving
提升了业务技能 and advanced cycling.
深入参与了多项业余活动 Became heavily involved in a number of extra vocational activities.
至今还保持着警局内百米记录 To this day holds the Met record for the 100 meter dash.
2001年进入著名的第19特别行动 In 2001 began active duty with the renowned S019
武装快速反应部队 armed response unit.
被授予勇气勋章 Received a bravery award for efforts
在“压迫”行动中 in the resolution of Operation Crackdown.
在过去12个月里9次获得特别表彰 In the last 12 months has received nine special commendations.
创造了警局内最高逮捕记录 Achieved the highest arrest record for any officer in the Met.
执勤时共负伤3次 And sustained three injuries in the line of duty.
最近的一次是12月 Most recently in December
被一名打扮成圣诞老人的男子刺伤 when wounded by a man dressed as Father Christmas.
你好 尼古拉斯 Hello, Nicholas.
你好 警官 Hello, Sergeant.
手怎么样了? How's the hand?
还有点僵 Still a bit stiff.
这样子出去可是很危险的 It can get awfully hairy out there.
你怎么没立即要求转作文职 I'm surprised you weren't snapped up sooner for a nice desk job.
像我这样 That's what I did.
我更喜欢出去巡逻 I preferto think my office is out on the street.
我看也是 Indeed, you do.
你的逮捕记录比同行要高4倍 Your arrest record is 400% higher than any other officer.
现在正是时候… Which is why it's high time that such...
让你大展拳脚了 skills were put to better use.
我们提升你做警官 We're making you Sergeant.
明白 I see.
分配到格洛斯特郡的沙福德村 In Sandford, Gloucestershire.
分配到…哪儿? In where, sorry?
格洛斯特郡的沙福德 In Sandford, Gloucestershire.
那是乡下啊 That's in the country.
没错 很漂亮 Yes, lovely.
在伦敦就没有个警官的空位? Isn't there a Sergeant's position here in London?
没有 No.
能不能还留在这当警员? Can I remain here as a PC?
不行 No.
难道没选择余地了? Do I have any choice in this?
木有 No.
警官 我很喜欢这儿 Sergeant, I kind of like it here.
你不一直都想要转到乡下去? Well, you've always wanted to transfer to the country.
20年后 是的 In 20 years or so, yes.
那就得了 Well done, you.
等等 我不记得和你讲过这个 Hang on, I don't remember telling you that.
不 你说过的 Yes, you did. You said,
“我想什么时候到乡下定居 珍妮” "I'd love to settle down in the country sometime, Janine."
我要找督察谈话 I'd like to talk to the Inspector.
行啊 但我可以向你保证 You can speak to the Inspector, but I can promise you
他讲的会和我完全一样 he will tell you exactly the same thing as I have.
你好 尼古拉斯 手怎么样了? Hello, Nicholas. How's the hand?
还有点僵 It's still a bit stiff.
家里怎么样? And how are things at home?
什么? I'm sorry, sir?
珍妮怎么样? How's Janine?
我们分了 长官 We're no longer together, sir.
那你现在住哪? Right. Then where are you living?
他住在单元屋 长官 He's staying at the Section House, sir.
和新兵在一起? With the recruits?
他快没纸盒了 Yes, he's living out of cardboard boxes.
那你已经打好包了? Well, then, you're packed already.
尼古拉斯 我们给你的是份要职 Nicholas, we're offering you a smashing position
并附一座舒适乡村小屋 with a delightful cottage,
那地方很好 我看赢得过年度最佳村庄… in a lovely little place that I think has won Village of the Year
都不记得有多少次了 I don't know how many times.
很适合你的 It'll be good for you.
我真不知道该说什么了 I don't really know what to say.
遵命? Yes?
遵命 谢谢? Yes, thank you.
不 抱歉 我要… No, I'm sorry. I'm gonna have to...
你要跟更上层的谈? You want to take this higher?
是 是的 Yes, yes, I do.
你想我去拿这件事烦督察长? You want me to bother the Chief Inspector with this?
是的 Yes.
你要我去让督察长大老远到楼下来? You want me to get the Chief Inspector to come all the way down here?
是的 Yes, I do.
好吧 Okay.
肯尼斯! Kenneth!
你好 尼古拉斯 手怎么样了? Hello, Nicholas. How's the hand?
还有点僵 Still a bit stiff.
- 督察长… - 请坐 - Chief Inspector... - Keep your seat.
我知道你想说什么 Now, I know what you're going to say,
但事实是你让我们很没面子 but the fact is, you've been making us all look bad.
什么? I'm sorry, sir?
我们当然欣赏你的付出 Of course we all appreciate your efforts,
但你让我们在拖你后腿 but you've been rather letting the side down.
我们需要的是团队精神 尼古拉斯 It's all about being a team player, Nicholas.
伦敦可不是你一个人的 You can't be the Sheriff of London.
如果再让你出去巡逻 If we let you carry on running round town,
我们可受不了你这样出色的表现 you'll continue to be exceptional and we can't have that.
不然就要砸自己的饭碗了 You'll put us all out of a job.
恕我冒犯 长官 With respect, sir.
你不能就这么让人消失 You can't just make people disappear.
我能的 我是督察长 Yes, I can. I'm the Chief Inspector.
不管你怎么说 Well, however you spin this,
你忘了一件重要的事… there's one thing you haven't taken into account.
那就是“团队合作精神” And that's what the "team" is gonna make of this.
- 喂? - 珍妮 是我 - Hello? - Janine, it's me.
知道 我在工作呢 I know. I'm at work.
知道 我就在外面 I know, I'm outside.
情况如何? What's the situation?
明知故问 我们已经谈过了 You know the situation. We've been over this.
不 我是指这里 No, I... I meant here.
一共两人 有明显的搏斗痕迹 Two people involved, distinct signs of a struggle.
很乱 Complete mess.
你不是在说我们? You are talking about here?
尼古拉斯 你想怎么样? Nicholas, what do you want?
我有些重要的事情想跟你说 Well, I have something important to tell you
但是我又不想在电话里说 and I didn't wanna do it over the phone.
珍妮 我被调职了 Janine, I've been transferred.
我要搬走一段时间 I'm moving away for a while.
我不是珍妮 I'm not Janine.
珍妮 我被调职了 Janine, I've been transferred.
我要搬走一段时间 I'm moving away for a while.
我知道 鲍勃跟我说了 I know. Bob told me.
你好 Hello, there.
我要亲口跟你说 Well, I wanted to tell you in person.
没有理由我们不能再和平相处 And there's no reason we can't be civil with each other.
不久前我们不还说过要结婚吗? It's not that long ago we were talking about getting married.
是啊 但你已经嫁给了治安机关 不是吗? Yes, but you were already married to the force, weren't you?
事实上 我们现在称之为治安部门 We're actually supposed to call it "the service" now.
官方指南称“机关”太具侵略性了 Official vocab guidelines state that "force" is too aggressive.
看见没 一直只是关于工作的事 See. It's only ever about the job.
你只关心工作 It's all you care about.
不是这样的 That's not true.
是啊 你还有一盆塑胶花 No, you're right, you do have that rubber plant.
那是日本白鹤芋 It's a Japanese Peace Lily.
你放不下工作 尼古拉斯 You just can't switch off, Nicholas.
除非你能找到比你工作更重要的人 And until you find a person you care about more than your job,
但那可能吗? you never will.
还有 是你提出分手的 Besides, you were the one who suggested we take a break.
是啊 Yes, well,
罪人总是会先行一步的 guilty people often make the first move.
实际上 我有些事情要跟你说 Actually, there's something I need to tell you.
你在和别人约会? You're seeing someone else.
是啊 你怎么…? Yes. How did you...
- 和鲍勃? - 不是 - Is it Bob? - No.
鲍勃看上去是我喜欢的类型吗? Does Bob look like the kind of person I'd go out with?
是戴夫 It's Dave.
你好 Hello, there.
我明白了 I see.
噢 尼古拉斯 Oh, Nicholas.
你发现那窗户是从里面打破的吧? You do realize that window was broken from the inside?
你好 尼古拉斯 Hello there, Nicholas,
我是弗兰克·黄油男 你的新督察 Frank Butterman here, your new Inspector.
我打电话来告诉你住宿的详情 I'm just calling with details of your accommodation.
我们在斯宾塞山给你准备了个舒适的村舍 We've got you a lovely little cottage on Spencer Hill.
期待能尽快见到你 回见 Look forward to meeting you anon. Cheerio.
尼古拉斯 还是我弗兰克 Nicholas, Frank again.
还是关于你的宿舍 One other thing about your cottage.
房子没准备好 It's not ready.
(英国沃达丰电信)
欢迎来到沙福德
模范村庄
天鹅旅馆
似乎天空放晴了 It would appear the heavens have opened.
我来登记住宿 I was hoping to check in.
登记住宿? Check in?
但你一直都住这里啊 But you've always been here.
什么? Excuse me?
啊 对不起 Oh, I'm sorry.
我还以为你是我丈夫呢 I thought you were my husband.
你一定是天使警官了 You must be Sergeant Angel.
是的 我是 Yes, I am.
我是乔伊丝·箍桶匠 I'm Joyce Cooper.
您的旅行还愉快 法西斯分子 I trust you had a pleasant trip. Fascist.
什么? I beg your pardon?
“极端专政的政府体系” "System of Government characterized by extreme dictatorship."
第七横行 Seven across.
啊 我明白了 是法西斯主义 Oh, I see. It's "fascism."
法西斯主义 太棒了 Fascism. Wonderful.
我们把你安排在城堡套房 Now, we've put you in the Castle Suite.
伯纳德会带你上去的 Bernard will escort you up there.
呃 我自己就能上去 Well, actually, I could probably make my own way up.
母夜叉 Hag.
什么? I beg your pardon?
“可怕或丑陋的邪恶老女人” 第12竖行 "Evil old woman considered frightful or ugly." It's 12 down.
啊 祝福你 Oh, bless you.
城堡套房
来一杯啤酒 玛丽 Pint of lager, please, Mary.
就来 亲爱的 Right you are, my love.
先生 想要点什么? Yes, sir, what can I get you?
能来一杯… Could I have a glass of the...
酸果蔓汁吗? cranberry juice, please?
当然 Certainly.
你不会是新来的警察吧? Now, you wouldn't, by any chance, be the new policeman?
是的 我叫尼古拉斯·天使 Police officer, yes. I'm Nicholas Angel.
我叫罗伊·黑啤 这是我妻子玛丽 I'm Roy Porter. This is my wife Mary.
我是玛丽 Mary.
No comments yet. Be the first to leave one.