200 baris pertama.
天哪 God.
好吧 好吧 Okay. Okay.
"我宁做斧锤也不做铁钉" "I'd rather be a hammer than a nail."
不 No.
不 No.
见鬼去吧! Fuck you, bitch!
涉足荒野
- 祝你好运 - 谢谢 - Good luck. - Thanks.
嗨 Hi.
订今晚的一个房间 I need a room for the night.
十八美元 $18.
除非... 一会儿有朋友和你一起 Unless... you have a companion joining you later.
如果有 你要付更多 If you have a companion, it's more.
没朋友陪我 I don't have a companion.
那就是十八美元 So it's $18.
到目前为止 For now.
一直都会是十八美元的 It'll stay $18.
除非等会儿有谁来 Unless someone comes later.
他不会来 Which he won't.
可能会 He may.
说出在O.J.辛普森家找到的证据 To throw out certain evidence obtained at O.J. Simpson's house.
我要徒步太平洋屋脊步道 I'm hiking the PCT.
而且 我没有车牌号或者地址 And, I don't have a license plate number or an address.
就写你朋友的地址 Just put down your folks' address.
- 喂 - 嗨 - Hello. - Hey.
噢 嗨 Oh, hey.
嗨 Hi.
嗯 Hey.
你... 你在莫哈韦沙漠吗? Y... You in Mojave?
嗯 我把你的地址 Yeah. I used your address
作为我的写在了注册表格上 因为我... as my address on the registration form 'cause I...
我想不到可以写谁的 I couldn't think of anything else.
噢 没关系 随时都可以 No, that's cool. Anytime.
要是看见我弟弟 能告诉他我在哪儿吗? Hey, if you see my little brother, will you let him know where I am?
倒不是他会在意 我只是想让他知道 Not that he would give a shit, but I just want him to know.
不 他在意 他会知道的 No, he does, he will.
那个 我在给一个朋友做晚餐 然后... Listen, I'm making dinner for a friend, and...
噢 哪个朋友? Oh. Which friend?
有什么关系吗? Does it make any difference?
我打电话来只是为了找列夫 You know, I only called because I was looking for Leif.
不 我希望你来电 希望你来电 No, I want you to call. I want you to call.
我们是朋友啊 是吧? We're friends, remember?
对不起 Sorry.
不 是我对不起 No, I'm sorry.
因为什么? For what?
我... 我不知道 I... I don't know.
我... 我很抱歉... I'm... I'm sorry...
你必须走一千英里只是为了... that you have to walk a thousand miles just to...
把话说完 Finish that sentence.
为什么我必须走一千英里? Why do I have to walk a thousand miles?
你有可以写地址的清单吗? Do you have the list of addresses to write to?
嗯 我有 Yeah. Yeah.
想让我给你寄点什么吗? Do you want me to send anything else?
不 谢谢 No, thanks.
艾梅负责寄我需要的那些箱子 Aimee's in charge of all the boxes.
好的 好的 Okay. Okay.
我得挂了 I got to go.
祝你旅途快乐 谢丽尔 Happy trails, Cheryl.
记住 你随时都可以放弃 Remember, you can quit anytime.
风暴 世界上最响亮的口哨 用于自我保护
该死 Shit.
噢 我的天 Oh, my God.
该死! Shit!
好吧 Okay.
你要去哪? So where are you going?
沿着太平洋屋脊步道远足 I'm hiking the Pacific Crest Trail.
那条步道从墨西哥的国界一直延伸到加拿大 It goes from the Mexican border up to Canada.
我要走上三个月了 I'll be walking for the next three months.
哇 Wow.
直到到达阿什兰 Up to Ashland.
你经常徒步旅行吗? You do a lot of hiking?
怎么说呢 Well, I mean,
我不迷恋 但这一路会很艰难 就算对我来说也是 I'm not obsessive, but this is quite a stretch, even for me.
我猜一段时间内 这是你最后一次和人类交流了 I guess we're gonna be the last human contact you have for a while?
没错 That's true.
# 你再也不能 # You can never
# 回家了 # Go home anymore
# 听着 # Listen
# 这些听起来熟悉吗? # Does this sound familiar?
# 每天早上醒来 # You wake up every morning
# 每天都去学校 # Go to school every day
# 在角落里度过夜晚 # Spend your nights on the corner
# 不过是在虚度光阴 # Just passing time away
# 人生如此寂寞 # Your life is so lonely
# 就像没有玩具的小孩 # Like a child without a toy
# 继而奇迹出现 # Then a miracle
# 一个男孩走来 # A boy
# 那样的感觉便是 欣喜 # And that's called "glad"
# 再也不 # Never
# 回家去了 # Go home anymore
# 如今... # Now...
我也爱你 儿子 Love you, too, son.
如果你的勇气 拒绝承认你 就超越你的勇气 "If your Nerve, deny you, Go above your Nerve."
艾米莉·迪金森 和谢丽尔·斯瑞德 Emily Dickinson. And Cheryl Strayed.
Emily Dickinson 美国十九世纪著名女诗人
第1天
噢 天哪 Oh, my God.
该死地 我干了什么? What the fuck have I done?
该死地什么? What... The fuck?
在干嘛? What...
该死 The fuck?
真该死 What the fuck?
你随时可以放弃 You can quit anytime.
你随时... You can quit...
可以放弃 anytime.
你随时... You can quit...
可以停下 anytime.
5英里
好叻! Yes!
该死 Shit.
真见鬼 Jesus fucking Christ.
# 是的 我会 # Yes, I would
# 如果我可以 # If I could
# 我当然会 # I surely would
我今天想到你了 I thought of you today.
感受到一股涌出的能量 I felt a burst of energy,
记起为什么我觉得自己可以完成这次远足 remembering why I thought I could hike this trail.
希望要是我放弃了 你不会生气 I hope you won't be mad at me if I quit.
今天挖土机从一堆松软的土中挖出了 "Today a backhoe divulged out of a crumbling flank of earth,
一瓶琥珀 颗颗完美 "one bottle amber, perfect,
是治愈发烧和忧郁的百年老药 "a hundred-year-old cure for fever or melancholy...
是在地球上生存的补品 "A tonic for living on this earth.
今天我要读关于玛丽·居里的故事 "Today I was reading about Marie Curie."
她去世时已名扬四海 她否认自己的伤 "She died a famous woman, denying her wounds...
否认给予她力量的源泉 "Denying her wounds came from the same source
给她造成了伤害 "as her power."
他说什么了? So, what did he say?
他说会打电话给你 He said he was going to call you.
- 你是认真的吗? - 嗯 我知道 - Are you serious? - Yeah, I know.
他以为我们还在初中吗? Does he think we're in junior high?
就是嘛! Exactly!
我觉得他会问你要电话号码! I think he's going to ask for your number!
芭比? Bobbi?
- 嗨 - 嗨 - Hey. - Hey.
- 进展如何? - 很好 - How's it going? - Good.
很难 但是很有趣 Hard but fun.
好的 回见 All right. See you.
嗯 好 Yeah, cool.
这个 我先拿走一下 I'm just gonna grab this for a second.
对不起 今天在学校我没理你 I'm sorry I ignored you at school today.
没关系 亲爱的 That's okay, hon.
我们说好的 是吧? We agreed, right?
和你妈妈一起去学校是挺怪的 It's pretty strange going to school with your mom.
这不是因为我不以你为傲 It's not because I'm not proud of you.
我真的以你为傲 I'm really proud of you.
知道吗? 我也以你为傲 You know what? I'm pretty proud of me, too.
天哪 要学好多东西 God, there's so much to know.
之前知道会有很多知识要学 但是... I mean, I knew there was a lot, but...
没想到有这么多 not this much.
你读过埃丽卡·荣的作品了吧? You've read Erica Jong, right?
好的 那跟我讲讲关于一夜情的事吧 Okay, so tell me about the zipless fuck.
妈 我不会和你讨论一夜情的 Mom, I am not gonna discuss zipless fucks with you.
你必须 因为我得写一篇相关文章 You have to, 'cause I have to write a paper about it.
我是说 你知道 那个... I mean, you know, is it...
- 好尴尬 - ... 对于女人而言 - This is so awkward. - ...that much easier for women now
- 现在比以前更加容易了? - 我不知道 - than it was before? - I don't know.
我们可以不要讨论这个吗? Can we not discuss this?
对我来说 好像人们总是避而不谈 Well, for me, it felt like it was always covered in zips.
哪儿都一样 Zips, strings, everywhere I went.
喂 Hey.
晚饭吃什么? 妈妈 我饿了 What's for dinner, Mom? I'm starving.
书和文章 Books and essays.
我可以随便弄点什么 I can fix something.
韦恩 你要留下吗? 想吃点什么吗? Are you gonna stay, Wayne? You want something to eat?
- 可以啊 - 妈 他们十八岁了 - Sure. - Mom, they are 18 years old.
可以自己做晚饭 They can cook their own dinner.
你还要写文章呢 You've got a paper to write.
如果做不了一个妈妈 那我也做不了学生 If I can't be a mom, then I can't be a student, either.
规则手册 Rule book.
这很无厘头啊 That's ridiculous.
如果她想帮我做晚饭 就让她做吧 If she wants to make me dinner, then let her.
我在想 你学过 I wonder, have you learned any of this
- 我们在读的东西了吗? - 我要事事亲为 - that we're reading? - You know, I have to do everything.
我想做所有的事 I want to do everything.
希望你也是 I hope you do, too.
意大利面? Pasta?
否认她的力量 "Denying her wounds
带给自己的伤 "came from her power.
"否认给予她力量的源泉给她造成了伤害" "Denying her wounds came from the same source as her power."
# 而你想要闭着眼旅行... # And you want to travel blind...
我不害怕 I'm not afraid.
我不害怕 I'm not afraid.
第2天
请确保只使用 "Please ensure that you only use white gas
与这个炉相配的无铅汽油 "compatible with this stove.
使用其他燃料可能会损坏器材 "Other fuels may harm the equipment
致使其无法使用 "and render it inoperable."
该死 Shit.
该死 Shit!
冷玉米粥很好 Cold mush is great.
冷粥加坚果 Cold mush with nuts.
冷粥加金枪鱼干 Cold mush with tuna jerky.
冷粥梦 Cold mush dreams.
冷粥屎 Cold mush shit.
我爱冷粥 I love cold mush.
第5天
"远足结束你想干些什么 谢丽尔?" "What do you like to do when you're not hiking, Cheryl?"
30英里
我想坐在真正的马桶上 I like to sit on a real toilet.
然后冲水 And flush.
No comments yet. Be the first to leave one.