Pierwsze 200 wierszy.
好。 - Hello.
这是托马斯·朗。 This is Thomas Lang.
你好。你是. 您在罗马? Hi. Are you... Are you in Rome?
是的。 太棒了。 -Yes. -Oh, great.
我们应该满足。 We should meet.
好。在哪里? Okay. Where?
嗯,我们能满足 在Cafe罗萨蒂。 Um, we could meet at Cafe Rosati.
这是你的酒店附近。 嗯。 -It's near your hotel. -Uh-huh.
这是你的酒店附近。 嗯。
我会背着 你的书的副本。 I'll be carrying a copy of your book.
良好的形像? Good likeness?
不错。 Not bad.
我是托马斯。 你好。西蒙娜。 -I'm Thomas. -Hi. Simone.
很高兴认识你。 Good to meet you.
您在这里住多久? 十五年。 -Have you lived here long? -Fifteen years.
感恩教堂。这是现在的家。 Grazie. This is home now.
这是没有足够的钱为 外国新闻局,所以. It's not enough money for foreign press bureaus, so...
我盖,嗯, 意大利新闻周刊, 每日野兽,CNN,BBC。 I cover, um, Italy for Newsweek, Daily Beast, CNN, BBC.
你必须是好的。 我做的还好。 - You must be good. -I do okay.
你有家人在这里? You've got family here?
是啊。两个小男孩。 Yeah. Two young boys.
和丈夫。 And a husband.
我被送到你的书。 I was sent your book.
以为我会恨它。 Thought I was going to hate it.
真正的犯罪行为是不是真的 我的事。 True crime isn't really my thing.
我是飞纽约 上的红眼, I was flying to New York on the red-eye,
睡不着觉,所以我读 你的书代替。 couldn't sleep, so I read your book instead.
把它看作是一种恭维。 Take that as a compliment.
像它说的封面上, Like it says on the cover,
“每位家长的噩梦。” "Every parent's nightmare."
“每位家长的噩梦。”
你有孩子? 女儿。 -You have children? -Daughter.
我从她的母亲分开。 I'm separated from her mother.
我知道。 I know.
如何岁是你的女儿吗? How old's your daughter?
她的九。 什么是她的名字? -She's nine. -And what's her name?
BEA。我们叫她衣。 Bea. We call her Bea.
短比阿特丽斯。 Short for Beatrice.
她孕育于意大利。 She was conceived in Italy.
她的妈妈在演戏 在这里的膜。 Her mom was acting in a film here.
她的妈妈在演戏 在这里的膜。
这是一个不错的名字。 It's a nice name.
是。 Yes.
所以,明天的结束 的吸引力。 So, tomorrow's the end of the appeal.
是的,第二轮开始。 Yes, round two begins.
我们需要离开 真正的早期。 We'll need to leave really early.
你可以在我的公寓 由7:00? Can you be at my apartment by 7:00?
当然。 Sure.
但有一条建议。 But one piece of advice.
如果你打算做 影片中,使之成为小说。 If you're going to make the film, make it a fiction.
你不能说实话, 除非你让一个虚构。 You can't tell the truth, unless you make it a fiction.
有这么多的事情 我不能把我的书 即使他们是真实的。 There are so many things I couldn't put in my book even though they were true.
好。 Okay.
在2007年9月, In September, 2007,
两名年轻妇女来到 大学城锡耶纳。 two young women arrived at the university town of Siena.
他们期待 兴奋 They were looking forward with excitement
每年支出 一个学生在意大利。 to spending a year as a student in Italy.
每年支出 一个学生在意大利。
伊丽莎白·普赖斯和 杰西卡富勒, Elizabeth Pryce and Jessica Fuller,
无论出租屋在这所房子, both rented rooms in this house,
在边缘 中世纪小镇。 on the edge of the medieval town.
两个月后, 伊丽莎白死了, Two months later, Elizabeth was dead,
和杰西卡被指控 她的谋杀, and Jessica had been accused of her murder,
随着她的男朋友, 卡罗埃利亚斯。 along with her boyfriend, Carlo Elias.
此案成为头条新闻 在世界各地, The case made headlines around the world,
与关注的焦点 and the focus of attention
是的字符 杰西卡富勒。 was the character of Jessica Fuller.
她是狡猾的操盘 Was she the cunning manipulator
检方描述? described by the prosecution?
古怪的学生 她的母亲描述. The quirky student described by her mother...
她很聪明。她的艺术。 She's smart. She's artistic.
她的想象力。 She's imaginative.
.或者“兔子杰西卡” 如 被英国媒体。 ...or "Jessica Rabbit," as described by the British media.
一个性感的,吸毒 学生杀手。 A sexy, drug-taking student killer.
在000圣节,杰西卡 在酒吧伦巴是工作, On Halloween, Jessica was working in Bar Rumba,
而伊丽莎白了宴会 到深夜 while Elizabeth partied late into the night
一些英国朋友。 with some English friends.
伊丽莎白在接下来的日子 恢复。 Elizabeth spent the next day recovering.
她最后一次被 看到活着是下午8点45分 The last time she was seen alive was 8:45 p.m.
没有人确切地知道 在那之后发生了什么。 No one knows exactly what happened after that.
众所周知的可以肯定的唯一的事 The only thing known for certain
伊丽莎白是死于残酷 和可怕的死亡。 is Elizabeth died a brutal and horrible death.
一年之后, One year later,
家属 伊丽莎白和杰西卡 the families of Elizabeth and Jessica
在法庭 听到判决。 -were in court to hear the verdict.
您好。 - Hello.
谁在那里? 是否有比亚? Who's there? -Is Bea there?
这是托马斯。 是谁? -This is Thomas. -Who is it?
托马斯,我们. 第BEA正在与她的妈妈。 -Thomas, we... -No. Bea is out with her mum.
好。那我就再试一次 明天。 Okay. Then I'll try again tomorrow.
好的再见。 是啊。再见。 -Okay, bye. -Yeah. Bye.
好的再见。 是啊。再见。
你必须知道这条路好。 You must know this road well.
是啊,每个星期了一年。 Yeah, every week for a year.
截至锡耶纳周四 和背部上周六。 Up to Siena on Thursday and back on Saturday.
疯狂的意大利法律体系 完全搞砸了我们的生活。 Crazy Italian legal system totally fucked up our lives.
你被覆盖 这个故事从一开始? You were covering this story from the beginning?
是啊。漂亮多了。 Yeah. Pretty much.
我是因为去摩德纳 试驾玛莎拉蒂, I was due to go to Modena to test drive a Maserati,
ANSA时, 意大利通讯社, when ANSA, the Italian wire service,
说英语的学生 被谋杀的锡耶纳。 said that an English student had been murdered in Siena.
好吧,我决定 去看看。 Well, I decided to go take a look.
我知道意大利 记者根据那里 I knew an Italian journalist based there
对于晚邮报, 罗伯托Feluci。 for Corriere Della Sera, Roberto Feluci.
你看,这是玛丽亚·阿根托, Look, it's Maria Argento,
头本地杀人。 head of the local homicide.
这是Polizia, 不是宪兵? That's Polizia, not Carabinieri?
我知道。 宪兵感到愤怒。 I know. Carabinieri are furious.
我们正在点点滴滴 信息的,但我们知道 受害人的名字 We're getting bits and pieces of information, but we do know that the victim's name
是伊丽莎白普赖斯。 is Elizabeth Pryce.
她被发现死 在卧室 She was found dead in the bedroom
她的房子,你可以看到 只是在我身后出现了下滑。 of her house that you can see just behind me down there.
最糟糕的是,我碰到 到他们后来的那一天。 Worst part is, I bumped into them later that day.
我累了。 I'm tired.
你好。对不起,我 从新闻周刊的记者。 Hi. Excuse me, I'm a journalist from Newsweek.
你是伊丽莎白的室友, 对? You were Elizabeth's roommate, right?
这是正确的。 That's right.
哦,那一定是可怕的。 这真是令人震惊。 -Oh, it must be terrible. -It's really shocking.
我太害怕回去 在家里。 I'm too scared to go back in the house.
我觉得我把我的笔记,嗯, I think I put in my notes, uh,
“她是个哑弹。 他看起来无聊。“ "She's a dud. He looks boring."
我可能已经有一个独家新闻。 I could've had a scoop.
世界独有, 而不是我离开锡耶纳去 试驾玛莎拉蒂。 A world exclusive, instead I left Siena to go test drive the Maserati.
逃走了的那一个。 没错。 -The one that got away. -Exactly.
我还在摩德纳 当我听说 I was still in Modena when I heard that
一个美国女人, 一个意大利人, 刚果的男人 an American woman, an Italian man and a Congolese man
所以,我一转身, 径直回。 So, I turned around, went straight back.
你好,我可以和你谈谈? Hi, can I talk to you?
您的发言 你的女儿? Have you spoken to your daughter?
这一点, 我们都不知道 的名字被逮捕。 At this point, none of us knew the names of the arrested.
嘿。 Hey there.
好, 听好了,大家。 Okay, listen up, everybody.
在,呃,伊丽莎白普赖斯 纪念抽奖, In the, uh, Elizabeth Pryce memorial sweepstake,
亚军和车手 the runners and riders are
杰西卡富勒,卡罗埃利亚斯, Jessica Fuller, Carlo Elias,
和,呃,塞德里克Bapupa。 你怎么知道 这个东西? - and, uh, Cedric Bapupa. How do you know this stuff?
有时候,你得 离开网吧,伙计。 Sometimes you got to leave the cafe, mate.
即使是在雨中。 好。得到它了。 -Even in the rain. -Okay. Got it.
杰西卡富勒,21, 从巴尔的摩。 Jessica Fuller, 21, from Baltimore.
卡罗埃利亚斯,25。 喜欢的刀。 Carlo Elias, 25. Likes knives.
这就像一个公开承认。 是啊,或者遗书。 -It's like a public confession. -Yeah, or a suicide note.
谁是塞德里克Bapupa? Who's Cedric Bapupa?
他经营的酒吧, 杰西卡的作品。酒吧伦巴。 He runs the bar where Jessica works. Bar Rumba.
我得到scuppered 甚至在我自己的城镇。 I get scuppered even in my own town.
是的你是。 你得到scuppered。 Yes, you do. You get scuppered.
嗯,我看你的肉,切肉刀, 我养你一把枪。 Well, I see your meat-cleaver, I raise you a gun.
和一个YouTube链接。 And a YouTube link.
她漂亮。 She's pretty.
你把这个在YouTube上, 你娘, You put this on YouTube, you motherfucker,
我会杀了你,好吗? I'm going to kill you, okay?
现在,他们是不幸的。 Now, they were unlucky.
家属试图 删除互联网信息, The families tried to erase the Internet info,
但为时已晚。 but it was too late.
他们所有的脏衣服 被悬挂晾干。 All their dirty laundry was hung out to dry.
托马斯只是想满足, 和UM, Thomas just wanted to meet, and um,
让您对所发生的事情。 get your take on what happened.
让您对所发生的事情。
当然。 Of course.
我问了很多次。 I'm asked many times.
当你听到 关于杀人呢? 一个电话。 -When did you hear about the killing? -A phone call.
没有太多的信息。 There wasn't much information.
房子只是地址。 Just the address of the house.
入室是假的。 The burglary was false.
玻璃之上 的不安服装, Glass on top of the disturbed clothing,
各地走错了路。 wrong way around.
最重要的是,体。 Most importantly, the body.
它覆盖了羽绒被。 It was covered by a duvet.
在那一刻, 我能感觉到它。 At that moment, I could feel it.
只有女人 Only a woman
会覆盖身体 当它已经死了。 would cover a body when it is already dead.
翌日, 我问杰西卡 The following day, I asked Jessica
给我周围的公寓。 to show me around the apartment.
她很平静。 She was very calm.
非常收集。 Very collected.
当我们来到厨房, When we came to the kitchen,
我问她 看抽屉 I asked her to look in the drawer
并告诉我,如果有 任何刀失踪。 and tell me if there were any knives missing.
她变得歇斯底里。 She became hysterical.
也就是说,当我们开始挖掘 That is when we started to tap
杰西卡和卡罗的手机。 the phones of Jessica and Carlo.
杰西卡和卡罗的手机。
我们知道卡罗在撒谎。 We knew Carlo was lying.
他关掉了 电话8:45那一夜。 He switched off his phone at 8:45 that night.
所以不得不杰西卡。 So had Jessica.
他们把自己的手机在上 第二天早上6点。 They turned their phones on at 6:00 the next morning.
他没有打电话 从他的父亲。 He had no phone call from his father.
我们检查了他的电脑。 We checked his computer.
他甚至没有冲浪的网。 He hadn't even surfed the net.
他们没有想到 通过他们的借口。 They hadn't thought through their alibis.
卡洛和我去 回到他的公寓。 Carlo and I went back to his apartment.
我们观看了DVD在一起。 We watched a DVD together.
天使爱美丽。 Amelie.
然后我们吃了晚饭。 And then we had dinner.
在一起吗? 是的。 Together? -Yes.
然后我们做了爱。 Then we made love.
你得到了一个消息 您的手机从塞德里克Bapupa。 You got a message on your phone from Cedric Bapupa.
你回答说. You replied...
你看到他了吗? 号 -Did you see him? -No.
你为什么说 “慈vediamo培tardi”? Why did you say "Ci vediamo pui tardi"?
我只是被友好。 I was just being friendly.
No comments yet. Be the first to leave one.