200 rreshtat e parë.
领衔主演: 玛格里特·苏利文 / 詹姆斯·斯图尔特
片名: 街 角 的 商 店 又名: 笔 友 求 缘 / 笔 友 俏 冤 家
联合主演: 弗兰克·摩根 / 约瑟夫·斯柴德克劳特
编剧: 山姆森·雷佛森 原著: 米克罗斯·拉斯祖罗
制片及导演: 恩斯特·刘别谦
这个故事发生在马朵查克公司
是马朵查克先生和他的员工的故事
就在匈牙利布达佩斯市 安卓西街和巴尔兹街转角
- 早 皮洛维奇先生 - 早安 - 'Morning, Mr. Pirovitch. - Good morning.
- 你总是第一个 对吧? - 这不关你的事 - Always the first one. -It's none of your business.
我可告诉你 早到没什么不好 Let me tell you, it doesn't hurt to be too early.
有什么用? 谁看到你了? 只有我 谁又看到我了? 只有你 What for and why? Who sees you? Me. And who sees me? You.
这对我们有什么好处? 难道可以让我们加薪吗? 不行 What does it get us? Can we give each other a raise? No.
你怎么会骑那辆脚踏车? 你不该把它骑回家的 What are you doing with that bicycle? You can't take it.
最好别让马朵查克先生看见 Better not let Mr. Matuschek see.
你去告诉他好了 我不在乎 Why don't you tell him? It's all right with me.
昨晚你在家舒服地泡脚时 你知道我在干嘛吗? You know where I was last night while you were home soaking your feet?
我还在替马朵查克太太跑腿 Running my legs off for Mrs. Matuschek.
"派比 去裁缝师那里" 我才刚回来 她又说 "Pepi, go to the dressmaker." And when I come back:
"派比 到杂货店替我领包裹好吗?" "Pepi, will you please pick up a package at the drugstore?"
- 早安 - 早安 卡柴克小姐 - Good morning. - Good morning, Miss Kaczek.
早安 Good morning.
- 你的小儿子怎么样了? - 好多了 谢谢关心 - How's your boy? - Much better, thanks.
- 我们找了海格笃斯医生 - 他的收费很昂贵 - We called Dr. Hegedus. - He's a very expensive doctor.
有什么办法呢? What can you do?
我想这几星期得少抽点雪茄 I thought I'd cut down on my cigars for a few weeks.
- 早安 - 早安 依洛娜 - Good morning. - Good morning, Ilona.
- 那是新的银狐 真是美呆了 - 谢谢 - That's a new silver fox! it's stunning! - Thank you.
- 肯定很贵吧? - 没错 - It must have been pretty expensive. - It was.
要买之前我犹豫了很久 I hesitated a long time before I bought it.
我说 "不行 我负担不起" 但我的眼睛却离不开它 I said, "No, I can't afford it." Still, I couldn't take my eyes off it.
- 然后我又说 "不 我不能..." - 然后他说 "快买下它吧" - I said, "No, I have no right to--" - And then he said, "Go on and take it."
- 你又在卖弄小聪明了 - 别再说了 好吗? - Trying to be clever. - Shut up.
早安 Good morning.
派比 请你到药房 替我买瓶小苏打水好吗? Pepi, go to the drugstore and get me a bicarbonate of soda.
- 怎么了? - 小子 你不舒服吗? - What's the matter? - Do you feel well?
没事 只是有点... It's all right.
- 早安 早安 - 早安 - Good morning, good morning. - Good morning.
- 想听个笑话吗? - 不要 - Want to hear a joke? - No.
你们是怎么了? What's the matter, folks?
还没醒吗? 看看我 我睡觉的时间 一定比你们少一半 Not awake yet? Look at me. I bet I haven't slept half as much as you.
朋友们 罗马人 同乡们 老实告诉你们 Friends, Romans, countrymen, to tell you the truth...
昨晚我过得很愉快 ...I had quite a time last night.
我们不想知道那可怜女孩的名字 We don't want to hear the poor girl's name.
- 告诉我 克拉里克 昨天的晚餐如何? - 没错 克拉里克先生 - Kralik, how was the dinner last night? - Oh, yes, that's right.
你昨晚跟老板共进晚餐 情况如何? 快告诉我们 Kralik had dinner with the boss last night. How was it? Tell us all about it.
- 你升格为合伙人了吗? 克拉里克先生 - 别开玩笑了 - Are you a partner now, Mr. Kralik? - Don't be funny.
好啦 好啦 All right, all right!
快点告诉我们 情况如何? How was it?
昨晚真的很愉快 我很开心 It was a very nice evening, and I enjoyed myself.
- 我相信食物一定很美味 - 你说得没错 - I bet the food was good. - You can imagine.
告诉我 马朵查克太太 真的拉过皮吗? Tell me, is it true Mrs. Matuschek had her face lifted?
我怎么会知道? How could I know that?
- 在你看来 她应该多少岁? - 大概40岁 - How old did she look to you last night? - Well, 40.
她绝对拉过皮 She had her face lifted.
我认为马朵查克太太很迷人 I think Mrs. Matuschek is a very charming woman.
- 谁说过她不迷人吗? - 你别想无中生有 - Who said she isn't? -Don't try to make something out of it.
我可没说马朵查克太太不迷人 I didn't say Mrs. Matuschek is not charming.
我说她很迷人 这有什么不对吗? But I said she is. What's wrong with that?
东西真的很好吃吗? So the food was good?
七道菜 还不包括开胃小菜 Seven courses, not including the hots d'oeuvres.
- 我想你一定是坐在马朵查克太太旁边 - 是的 你认为怎么样? - Were you sitting next to her? - I was. What do you think of that?
- 我想你一定很聪明 - 不 我只是很努力地学习 - I bet you were brilliant. - No, I kept still and tried to learn.
我明白了 I see.
- 你的小苏打水 克拉里克先生 - 谢谢你 派比 - Your bicarbonate, Mr. Kralik. - Thanks, Pepi.
- 小苏打水 你不是... - 昨晚我吃太多鹅肝酱了 - Bicarbonate? - I had a little too much goose liver.
我明白了 怎么? 不好吃吗? What's the matter? Wasn't it any good?
听好了 华达许 等一下 请各位过来一下 Now, look here, Vadas. Just a minute. Folks, come over.
你们听到他说什么了吗? 我希望各位都能听听 Did you hear... I want you to hear this.
我说过批评鹅肝酱的话吗? Did I make any derogatory remark about the goose liver?
- 没有 什么都没说 - 一句话也没说 - No, not any! - Not one word!
我只是说我吃太多鹅肝酱了 I merely said that I had too much goose liver.
- "吃多了鹅肝酱" - 没错 - "A little too much goose liver." - That's right.
正是 只是说太多鹅肝酱罢了 其他的什么都没说 "A little too much goose liver." Not one word more, and not one less.
- 早安 马朵查克先生 - 嗯 早安 - Good morning, Mr. Matuschek. - Yes, good morning.
给 Here.
- 早安 - 早安 马朵查克先生 - Good morning. - Good morning, Mr. Matuschek.
是谁把32元5角的皮箱放在橱窗里的? Who put this 32.50 suitcase in the window?
是我 马朵查克先生 I did, Mr. Matuschek.
- 我认为这样很好 - 谢谢你 马朵查克先生 - I guess it's all right. - Thank you, Mr. Matuschek.
- 派比 - 是的 马朵查克先生 - Yeah. Pepi. - Yes, Mr. Matuschek.
到对面药房去帮我买小苏打水 Go across the street to the drugstore, and get me some bicarbonate of soda.
是的 先生 Yes, sir.
让我来帮忙 马朵查克先生 Allow me, Mr. Matuschek. May I help?
可以了 马朵查克先生 There we are, Mr. Matuschek.
- 皮洛维奇 想不想听些愉快的事? - 好啊 什么事? - Pirovitch. Want to hear something nice? - Yes. What is it?
女孩子写来的信 A letter from a girl.
"当我走进邮局时 心跳得很厉害... "My heart was trembling as I walked into the post office...
"...你静静地躺在237号信箱里 "...and there you were, lying in box 237.
"我把你从信封中取出... "I took you out of your envelope and read you...
"...当场就读了... "...read you right there...
"...亲爱的朋友" "...oh, my dear friend."
- 这是什么? - 我原本想买本百科全书 - What is all this? - You see, I wanted to buy an encyclopedia.
百科全书? 你在说什么? Encyclopedia? What're you talking about?
当你厌倦了每晚去咖啡厅或是舞厅时 You come to a time in your life when you get tired of going to cafés...
就该提升自己 ...dance halls every night, and you want to improve yourself.
比如学习艺术 文学和历史 You want to study something about art...
或是人们在巴西的生活方式 ...literature and history, how people live in Brazil.
那些跟这封信有什么关系? Tell me what has all this to do with the letter?
你知道我买不起新的百科全书 You know I can't afford a new encyclopedia...
我只好翻阅周日报上的广告 结果我翻错页了 ...so I was looking through the ads in the paper...
然后我就看到一则广告 ...and I got on the wrong page, and I came across this ad, and...
等一下 我还带在身上 你看 Wait a minute, I have it right here. Here, read that.
"摩登女孩意欲与有文化有修养... "Modern girl wishes to correspond on cultural subjects...
"...聪明善良的年轻男士匿名交往 "...anonymously with intelligent, sympathetic, young man.
"地址为 亲爱的朋友 15邮局237信箱" "Address: Dear Friend, Post Office 15, Box 237."
我知道这种广告 报纸上很多 I know those ads. The papers are full of them.
- 你们通信多久了? - 我们已经写了四次信 - How long has this been going on? - We've exchanged four letters.
- 四次? - 她不是个普通女孩 - Four letters? - And she's no ordinary girl.
你听 Now listen to this:
"你是高个还是矮个? "Are you tall? Are you short?
"眼睛是蓝色还是棕色? 别告诉我 "Are your eyes blue? Are they brown? Don't tell me.
"只要我们心灵相契 这些又有什么关系?" "What does it matter so long as our minds meet?"
- 真好 - 很好吧? - That's beautiful. - It is, isn't it?
等一下 Now, wait a minute.
"我们每天的生活已经足够苦闷 "We have enough troubles in our daily lives.
"世上还有许多美妙伟大的事情 "There are so many great and beautiful things...
"...值得我们讨论... "...to discuss in this world of ours...
"...把珍贵的时间花在告诉对方... "...it would be wasting precious moments...
"...我们如何讨生活实在太浪费了... "...if we told each other the vulgar details...
"...所以我们别这么做" "...of how we earn our daily bread, so don't let's do it."
克拉里克先生 Mr. Kralik.
来了 马朵查克先生 Yes, Mr. Matuschek.
什么事? 马朵查克先生 Yes, Mr. Matuschek.
我向米克罗兄弟公司买了两打香烟盒 I can buy two dozen of these cigarette boxes at Miklos Brothers.
你认为如何? 我觉得很棒 把它打开 What do you think of it? I think it's great. Well, open it.
不 马朵查克先生 这不适合我们 No, Mr. Matuschek, it's not for us.
可是你还没听到呢 它会演奏「欧奇恰尼亚」 But you haven't listened to it. It plays Ochi Tchornya.
就算它演奏贝多芬九号交响曲 我还是会说不 Even if it played Beethoven's Ninth Symphony , I'd still say no.
我不喜欢这个点子 I just don't like the idea.
你能这么快就下定决心真棒 It's wonderful how you make up your mind so quickly.
这一行我已经做了35年 I've been in this business for 35 years.
我花了一小时才决定喜不喜欢这些盒子 It took me a whole hour to decide that I like this box.
不过你是个天才 你懂的比我更多 But, of course, you're a genius. You know so much more than I.
- 华达许先生 - 来了 马朵查克先生 - Mr. Vadas. - Coming, Mr. Matuschek.
- 诺渥特尼小姐 - 是的 马朵查克先生 - Miss Novotni. - Yes, Mr. Matuschek?
你们看 你们认为如何? Look here, what do you think of this?
希望你们真诚地提供意见 别让我影响你们 I want your honest opinion. Don't let me influence you.
我只想听你们真正的意见 All I want is your honest opinion.
诺渥特尼小姐? Well, Miss Novotni?
我想那些抽烟的人 I think people who smoke cigarettes...
和爱听「欧奇恰尼亚」的人都会喜欢 ...and love to hear Ochi Tchornya will like it.
我可以再加以说明 I'd even go further.
我想它可以从瘾君子中 I think it'll make music lovers out of smokers...
配对出音乐的爱侣 我认为这实在太感性了 ...and smokers out of music lovers. It's sensational!
没错 克拉里克先生 你重新考虑过了吗? Yes, well. Mr. Kralik, have you thought it over?
是的 但我还是认为这样很不明智 Yes. I still think it's inadvisable.
说个理由给我听 Well, give me one reason.
比如有人一天抽20支烟 Let's say that a man smokes 20 cigarettes a day.
这表示他一天得开20次烟盒 That means that 20 times a day he opens this box...
得听20次「欧奇恰尼亚」 ...and 20 times a day he has to listen to Ochi Tchornya.
这真的是个很糟糕的点子 It's a perfectly terrible idea.
而且这是人造皮 胶水的品质也不好 It's imitation leather, the glue's no good...
两星期之内 这东西就会坏掉 只剩下「欧奇恰尼亚」 ...in two weeks it will fall apart, and all you'll have is Ochi Tchornya.
你不用告诉我这是人造皮 我很清楚 You don't have to tell me that it's imitation leather. I know that.
你只管卖东西 进货的部分由我负责 You sell things and let me do the buying.
- 对不起 马朵查克先生 - 什么事? - Excuse me, Mr. Nlatuschek. - Yes?
米克罗兄弟公司来电话 谈有关烟盒的事 Miklos Brothers is calling about the cigarette box.
米克罗 是的 Miklos, yes.
是的 米克罗先生 Yes, Mr. Miklos.
我能不能过五分钟再回电话? Can I call you back in about five minutes?
我需要一点时间考虑一下 I'd like a little more time to think about it.
不 不是价格的因素 No, no, it's not the price.
只是我对这个主意没有把握 It's just that I'm not quite sure about the whole idea.
是的 Yes.
是的 米克罗先生 Yes, Mr. Miklos.
什么? What?
你不能硬要我在五分钟内做决定 You can't expect me to make up my mind in five minutes!
如果真的是这样 我只好拒绝 If that's the case, then I'll have to say no.
很抱歉 I'm sorry.
- 早安 小姐 - 早安 - Good morning, madam. - Good morning.
- 这袋子很美吧? - 是很美 - A lovely bag, don't you think? - Yes, very.
这是本公司进口的式样 It's an imported model.
我们用猪皮及鳄鱼皮制作 有好几种颜色 We have it in pigskin, several different colors...
附不附配件都行 ...and with or without fitted accessories.
- 我不是来买袋子的 - 请你原谅 小姐 那么你想看什么呢? - I really didn't come in to buy a bag. - I beg your pardon. What can I show you?
老实说 我不是来买东西的 To tell you the truth, I really didn't come in to buy anything.
那也没有关系 That's perfectly all right.
如果你想到处看看 请便 If you wish to look around, make yourself at home.
好的 谢谢你 Yes, thank you.
不知道我能不能见马朵查克先生? I wonder if I could see Mr. Matuschek.
抱歉 马朵查克先生现在很忙 Unfortunately, Mr. Matuschek is quite busy at the moment.
- 但如果你坚持的话 我还是可以通知他 - 是的 我会很感激 非常感谢 - I could call him if you wanted. - I'd appreciate it. Thank you.
但如果你把你的想法告诉我 我一定会尽力让你满意 If you tell me your wishes, it's possible I could take care of them.
我注意到橱窗上挂着夏日拍卖的告示 I noticed in your shop window that you're having a summer sale.
是的 小姐 本店全面75折 Yes, everything in the shop is marked down 25 percent...
有些商品折扣更低 就拿这个粉盒为例 ...some articles even more. Take for instance this compact.
昨天还要3元9角 今天只要2元25分 很便宜吧 Yesterday you couldn't get it for a penny less than 3.90. Now it's 2.25.
- 是啊 那倒是很便宜 - 是的 今天本店全面降价 - Yes, that's a wonderful bargain. - Everything in the shop is a bargain today.
我想你今天一定生意兴隆 Yes, I imagine you'll be doing big business.
我也很有信心 你这么早就来真是聪明 I have no doubt of it. You were very wise to come early.
等一下可能会涌入人潮 我们可能无法招呼每位顾客 It'll be such a rush, we won't be able to help the customers.
- 这样的话 或许你们需要帮手 - 有可能 - Maybe you should take on extra help. - We probably will.
或许你能录用我 我正在找工作 Maybe you could use me. I'm looking for a job.
你让我替你介绍了整家店 真的很不厚道 That wasn't very nice, letting me go through the whole routine.
非常抱歉 我不是故意的 你能让我在这里工作吗? I'm terribly sorry. I didn't mean to. Could you help me get a job here?
我是很愿意 但现在没有空缺 I'd like to, but there's no opening.
但你刚才告诉我 需要人手应付人潮 But you just told me you'd need some extra people because of the rush.
你自己看看就会知道 Look around for yourself.
我们是做什么生意 You can see what kind of business we're doing.
No comments yet. Be the first to leave one.