ആദ്യത്തെ 200 വരികൾ.
谁啊? Who's that?
我怎么会知道? How should I know?
爸爸 Papa.
喂? 喂? Hello? Hello?
救命 Hello?
在我们的一生中 我们真正应该在意的问题是 The only real question we should ask ourselves during our existence is
一个人的命值多少钱? how much is a man's life worth?
知道这个 就能知道自己什么时候死 Knowing what you're worth is like knowing what day you're gonna die.
我? 我值两千万美金 Me? I'm worth $20 million,
我愿意放弃一切 只为换回平静的生活 and I'd hand over every last dollar to get my old life back.
黑帮家族
亲爱的? 起来了 我们到了 Sweetie? Wake up, we're here.
- 妈的 终于到了 - 沃伦 别说脏话 - Fuck. It's about time. - Warren. Language.
妈 我们已经在车里待了11个小时了 Mom, we've been on the road 11 hours
而且这里味道太他妈难闻了 and it smells like a skunk's butt-crack back here.
别像个无赖似的说话 That's no reason to talk like a punk.
- 是狗的味道 - 当然 肯定是狗的味道 - It's the dog. - Yeah. No kidding it's the dog.
如果你按我说的 If you washed him once in a while
按时给它洗澡 就不会有这股味了 like I asked you to, we wouldn't have this problem.
恩 我们要找10号 Yeah, yeah. We're looking for number ten.
- 下一个路口左拐 - 这没有门牌 - Next, on the left. - There are no numbers.
我知道 斯坦斯菲尔德说过的 就是这里 No, I know. Stansfield said that. That's it, yeah.
不 左转 然后... No, no, the left, and then...
就是这 对 That's it up there. Right.
这边 Over here.
好 Yeah.
到了 That's it.
没电? No electricity?
有的 但他们应该拉掉电闸了 No, there is, but they must have turned the power off.
- 妈 你在干嘛? - 赶老鼠 - Mom, what are you doing? - Scaring the rats away.
- 这有老鼠? - 不一定 小心点好 - There are rats here? - Who knows? You never know.
- 如果有老鼠 我才不要住这里 - 贝拉 别矫情了 - I'm not staying here if there are rats. - Belle, don't start, please.
反正你们老爸也忍不了 给他一天 Anyway, your father can't stand them. Give him 24 hours,
他就能把这里的害虫清理得干干净净 he'll have killed every single rodent in the place.
终于! Ah!
贝拉 你住楼上右边的房间 沃伦 住你姐姐对面 Belle, you're upstairs on the right. Warren, opposite your sister.
- 这真冷 - 我来生火 - It's cold here. - Well, I'll make a fire.
好吗? Huh?
那些笨蛋又忘记电视了 Idiots forgot the TV again.
- 他们说得等明天 - "明天" 那些人总说明天 - Tomorrow, they said. - "Tomorrow," that's their favorite word.
别缺了什么东西就埋怨我 Hey, you two, don't chew me out whenever anything is missing.
要不你们自己跟他们说 Go see, talk to them yourselves.
有人知道这地方叫什么吗? Does anybody know what this place is called?
诺曼底 阿夫尔河畔的舍浪 Cholong-sur-Avre, Normandy.
阿夫尔是河流的名字 The Avre part is a river.
除了44年的诺曼底登陆事件 这还有什么知名的? Besides our boys landing here in '44, what's Normandy famous for?
- 乳酪 - 苹果白兰地 - Camembert. - Calvados.
恩 Mm.
里维埃拉也有这些 还有充沛的阳光 The Riviera had both those things, and sunshine.
巴黎也是 Yeah, so did Paris.
是啊 但现在我们住这了 这个盛产乳酪的地方 Yeah, right. But here is where we live now, where they make the cheese,
所以接受现实吧 and that's it, so get used to the real world.
马拉维塔? Malavita?
原来你在这儿呢 宝贝 There you are. Good dog.
亲爱的 要我帮忙搬行李吗? Hey, hon. You want a hand with the bags?
不 不用 我自己来 No, no, no, I got it, I got it.
让孩子们睡吧 他们明天还要去学校 Get the kids to sleep, they gotta get ready for school tomorrow.
我知道不是你身上的味 但我不能说实话 I know it wasn't you, but I couldn't say nothing.
你这是去哪了? Where the hell did you go?
- 四处检查一下 - 有这么大吗? - Checking out the property. - It's so big?
就是简单看看 Just getting my bearings.
得给狗找个窝 I was trying to help the dog find himself a spot.
- 明天我也得给自己找一个 - 太好了 - Tomorrow, I'll find mine. - Oh, good.
没有麦片 没有吐司 没有花生酱 No cereals, no toast, no peanut butter.
所以你们得吃苹果甜甜圈了 So you'll have to make do with the apple donuts
我今早从面包店买的 I got from the bakery this morning.
- 学校在哪? - 我给他们画了张地图 - Where's this school at? - I've drawn them a map.
- 我们还用原来的名字吗? - 不 我们现在姓布雷克 - Do we still have the same names? - No, we are the Blake family.
好 Cool.
以防万一 Just in case.
- 你的头发油了 - 妈 没关系的 - Your hair is damp. - Mom, it's fine.
- 好好上学 - 爸爸 再见 - Have a good day. - Bye, Dad.
- 爱你 - 也爱你 - Love you. - Love you too.
我去镇上看看 I'm gonna go check out the town
- 买点日常用品 - 好 - and get some groceries. - All right.
别穿着睡袍到处走 好吗? Try not to slob around all day in your robe, OK?
- 因为邻居吗? - 不 为了你自己 - No, 'cause of the neighbors? - No, for your morale.
我很好 别担心我 我只是最近状态不佳 My morale is OK, honey. Don't worry about me. I'm just a little out of it,
你比我适应得好多了 but you adjust more easily than I do to these things.
如果和邻居碰面了 怎么说呢? What do we say if we run into the neighbors?
给我点时间考虑下 在想好之前 Just give me some time to think about that. In the meantime,
对他们笑笑就可以了 这样我们也有时间找借口 just give them a nice smile, and that'll give us time to come up with an idea.
斯坦斯菲尔德让我提醒你 And Stansfield asked me to make sure
千万不要走出前门 that you don't step outside the front gate.
- 要到什么时候? - 直到他过来为止 - Until when? - Until he gets here.
千万不要提到里维埃拉 And you're not supposed to mention the Riviera.
那我们是从哪里来的? Where are we from then?
美国 亲爱的 The States, sweetie.
这看起来不太好 This is not looking good.
我们现在是异类了 Yeah, we're playing in the minor league now.
我们午饭时再讨论? We'll debrief at lunch?
好吧 Okay.
- 这是报纸 - 谢谢 小姐 - Voila. - Mm. Thank you, miss.
这附近有什么景点吗? Is there anything in this area worth seeing?
博物馆 纪念堂... 之类的? You know, museum, monument...?
有个机械博物馆 在维尔纳也 There is a pressing museum machine, uh, at Verneuil.
有个圣西西莉亚教堂 Um... There's St. Cecilia's Church,
那儿的彩绘玻璃窗是15世纪的 uh, with it, mm, 15th century stained-glass windows.
我可以步行过去吗? Oh. Can I walk there from here?
不行 教堂在另一个镇子 离这有20公里 No. It's next town, 20 kilometers.
另一个镇子... Next town...
- 你就是美国佬? - 你想怎样? - You're the Yank? - What do you want?
如果你是美国人 那你一定很有钱 If you're American, you must be rich.
你一定是看小说看多了 Wow, you must have read some pretty big books
才有这种不切实际的想法 to get to be the big intellectual.
他逗你玩呢
你觉得自己很聪明 是不? You gonna act the smartass with us, are you?
别废话了 好吗? OK, can we just cut to the chase here?
想怎么样? 欺负我 收保护费 还是揍我? What game are you in? Bullying, protection, shakedowns?
你是垄断市场的还是想分我一份? You got a monopoly or do you divvy up the market?
你想怎么办? What do you reinvest your dough in?
欢迎来到舍浪 美国佬 Welcome to Cholong, Yankee.
乔瓦尼
抱歉 有什么? Sorry, any what?
花僧酱... Du beurre de cacahuète...
花生酱 Peanut butter.
没有 我们不进那种东西 小姐 Ah. No, we don't stock stuff like that, lady.
我只是问问 I was only asking.
请问意面在哪里? I'm sorry, but where might I find the pasta?
走到底 右手边 在狗粮旁边 On the end, on the right, after the dog food.
- 谢谢 - 不客气 - Merci. - You're welcome.
花生酱...
20%的美国人都有肥胖症
花生是给猴子吃的
美国人总是表现得好像拥有全世界一样
在44年的时候他们解放了我们 后来又超过我们的
更别提洗脑了!
我们的孩子们穿得像美国人 还跟他们听一样的音乐
他们午餐晚餐都吃汉堡
一共是92法郎 That makes 92 francs, please.
不用找了 Keep the change.
哦... Oh...
虽然又笨又没品 至少美国佬还比较大方
- 过得还好吗? - 还可以吧 - Is it any good? - I think it's edible.
侦查得怎么样? So how is the recon going?
- 不错 - 说吧 - It's fine. - Shoot.
之前盯上你的四个混蛋 Well, the four jerks that were hitting on you before,
他们是12年级的 并举办夏季舞会 they're in the 12th grade, and they organize the summer prom.
我可不去参加 Remind me not to attend.
那个戴帽子的大个子 是橄榄球队的队长 The big guy with the cap, he's the rugby team captain.
他不择手段地想在数学上拿到好成绩 He'd do anything to get good grades in math,
他和吉米·亨德瑞克斯是朋友 and he's friends with Jimi Hendrix.
吉米喜欢头上戴粉色发带的女孩 Who's in love with the girl with the pink ribbon in her hair.
那个哥特风的女孩 And the girl coming straight from Gotham City,
垄断了学校黑市的烟草行业 runs the school black market on cigarettes.
坐在窗边的女孩 The gossip girls over by the window,
他们是坐在角落里的那个混蛋的姐妹 they're the sister of the son of a bitch who plays Dumbo in the corner.
就是他把你打成这样的? He the one that did that to your eye?
恩 别担心 有他哭的时候 Yeah. Don't worry, he'll get his.
- 我已经知道他的弱点了 - 是? - I already know his weak point. - Which is?
他需要为他两周后的聚会借音响系统 He needs a sound system for his party in two weeks.
只有一个家伙有他要的设备 There's only one guy who can get the gear he needs,
就是那个工程师的儿子 自己坐着的那个 and that is the engineer's son over there, sitting on his own.
你打听的很全面啊 是吧? You don't waste any time, do you?
时间紧迫啊 I don't have time to waste.
吃好喝好 Bon appétit.
1931年 我祖父开着维多·吉诺维斯租来的 In 1931, my grandfather drove one of the 200 Cadillacs
200辆凯迪拉克之一 去参加了他妻子的葬礼 hired by the legendary Vito Genovese for his wife's funeral cortège.
1957年 我父亲切萨雷·孟佐尼 In 1957, my father, Cesare Manzoni,
是全国107位被邀请参加 was one of the 107 bosses from all over the country
阿帕拉契会议的大佬之一 会议最终以刺杀结束 who was invited to the Apalachin Convention, which ended in a manhunt.
你能想象我在工厂里打卡的样子吗? Can you picture me punching a timecard at some factory?
我就像中了邪一样忤逆我父亲 I could have rebelled and gone straight to annoy my father.
但最终没能成功 But that was never gonna happen.
我心甘情愿地接管了家族事业 I took over the family business on my own free will.
没人逼我 Nobody forced me.
尽管全美最好的打手都在追杀我 Even now if I got all the best hitmen in America on my ass,
随时准备杀了我拿走花红 ready to blow me away and pick up those 20 million bucks,
我一点也不后悔 I don't have a single regret.
说实话 我从心底深处感到很荣幸 And, to tell the truth, deep down, you know what, I'm flattered.
好狗 Good dog.
- 玫瑰需要不断地呵护和关怀 - 是 - Roses need constant love and attention. - Yeah.
- 你刚搬进来? - 是 昨天入住的 - You've just moved in? - Yeah. Yesterday.
- 美国人? - 是 - American? - Uh-huh.
- 这样啊 - 好还是不好? - Ah. - Good or bad?
法国是外国人理想的目的地 你准备长住吗? You know, France is a favorite destination for foreigners. Are you staying long?
不 我从没在一个地方待很久过 我们常搬家 No, I've never stayed long anywhere. We move around a lot.
- 因为工作的原因 - 你是做什么的? - 'Cause of my work. - Ah. And what do you do?
- 我是个作家 - 作家? - I'm a writer. - A writer?
什么类型的? 小说家? And what are you? A novelist?
不 以后可能会吧 现在只写回忆录 No, no. Well, maybe one day, but now it's just history.
诺曼底登陆 算是一种任务 所以我们才来这 The landings. It's a commission. That's why we're here.
- 这个题材很广泛 - 是啊 - Landings. That's a vast subject. - Yeah.
你的着眼点是? What's your angle on it?
着眼点? 海军吧 对他们来说是种颂词 My angle? Well, the Marines. It's a kind of a tribute to them.
我以为只有海军陆战队参加了诺曼底登陆 I thought there were only GI's involved in the landings.
是 但我想讨论下军队 Yeah, but I'm going to discuss the Army
和它的核心问题 从海军开始 and the core of it and so on, starting with the fleets.
在登陆之前 还有登陆 You know, before the landings, there was the boardings.
我猜你会用一整章来讨论战术 Sure. I guess you'll be devoting a chapter to Operation Overlord.
一章可写不完 Well, I don't think a single chapter could cover that.
314号部队 What the 314th Infantry
在特本霍夫所做的事 对我来说很重要 did in Taubenhof tops it all for me.
年轻人 大部分来自德州 是吧? Young fellas, from Texas mostly, weren't they?
是 那些人真勇猛 Oh yeah, yeah, those guys, they were like real cowboys.
当然了 That's for sure. Yeah.
已经四点了 我得回屋了 Jeez, it's four o'clock already. I've got to get back in the house.
孩子们要放学了 The kids are coming back to school.
- 很高兴认识你 - 我也是 - Nice to meet you. - It was nice meeting you.
我也是 Same here.
No comments yet. Be the first to leave one.