ആദ്യത്തെ 200 വരികൾ.
华 纳 兄 弟 电 影 公 司 出 品
FBI 美国联邦调查局
FBI 训练科
先生们 1949年标志着 Gentlemen, 1949 marks the 25th anniversary...
FBI成立25周年 ...of the FBI as it exists today.
和其他的成功故事一样 开头都是心酸困苦 Like many another success story, this one had humble beginnings.
The first G-men worked under staggering disadvantages. 最初的G号特工在非常不利的情况下工作
你能想象不久的几年前 逃窜的绑架犯和银行抢劫犯 Do you realize that not many years ago, a fleeing kidnapper or bank robber...
可以跨过州界 指着我们的鼻子 而我们却束手无策吗 ...could take one step across a state line and thumb his nose at us?
为了逮捕罪犯 我们经常要冲进 Often when we made an arrest we had to walk...
暴徒的枪林弹雨中 ...into a rain of hoodlum machine-gun fire...
尽管法律不允许我们携带枪支 ...though we were forbidden by law to carry a revolver.
但是先生们 调查局的确拥有武器 But, gentlemen, the bureau did have as weapons...
以及驱动力和干劲 ...truth, drive and vitality.
甚至早于政府给予我们法律和枪支武装之前 Even before the government armed us with guns and laws...
G号特工便已成为了致命的地下力量 ...G- men became a dreaded underworld whisper.
我要带你们回顾那段岁月 I'm going to take you back to those days...
给你们看一部电影 主角是布里克·戴维斯 ...and show you a motion picture about a man named "Brick" Davis.
这部影片是所有FBI电影之父 It's the daddy of all FBI pictures.
是第一部称呼我们为G号特工的作品 It's the first one that called us G-men.
车很老旧 也不会看到光鲜靓丽的女人 The cars are old, you won't see women wearing the new look...
但是你会看到调查局从未忘却的东西 ...but you will see something that the bureau has never forgotten.
随着时间的推移 习惯和风格的改变 That while times change and habits change and styles change...
有一件事是永恒不变的 ...one thing is constant:
那些想不劳而获的罪犯 The man who want to get more out of life than he puts into it...
以及暴徒 ...the hoodlum...
过去是 现在依然是 ...he's the same today as he was then.
并且永远都是人民公敌 He is still a public enemy.
开始放映 文斯 All right, Vince.
华 纳 兄 弟 公 司 出 品
片名:联邦调查局法律执行官 主演:詹姆斯·卡格尼 玛嘉丽·莲丝 安·德沃夏克 罗伯特·阿姆斯特朗
导演:威廉·凯斯雷
故事剧本和电影剧本作家:塞顿·米勒
詹姆斯·卡格尼 饰演 布里克·戴维斯
玛嘉丽·莲丝 饰演 凯·麦考德
安·德沃夏克 饰演 吉恩·摩根
罗伯特·阿姆斯特朗 饰演 杰夫·麦考德
巴顿·麦克莱恩 饰演 柯林斯 劳埃德·诺兰 饰演 休·法雷尔
各位陪审员 你们一定明白 Now, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you must know what justice can mean...
正义对于一个穷困潦倒的人意味着什么 ...to a man who is defenseless because he is poor.
如果商业巨头强迫你 把一生的工作成果 How would you feel if a huge corporation bulldozed you...
一项产值数百万元的发明 ...into selling your life's work...
无故贱卖给他们 你会是什么感受 ...an invention that has made them millions, and selling it for what?
只有区区不到五千美元 A paltry $5000.
我请求各位正视我的委托人 I ask you, ladies and gentlemen, to look upon my client.
一个默默勤恳多年 有理想 A man who has stood silently at a workbench for years...
苦心经营 努力去创造的人 ...planning, working, striving to create...
詹姆斯·戴维斯律师事务所
- 你是戴维斯吗 - 我是 请进 - Are you Davis? - Yeah, come in.
很高兴见到你 我叫约瑟夫·克拉茨 Glad to meet you. My name is Joseph Kratz.
- 哦 是第六病房的 - 你知道我吗 - Oh, yes. Sixth Ward. - Oh, you know me, eh?
- 听说过你 请坐 - 谢谢 - Heard of you. Sit down. - Thanks.
有个好案子给你 戴维斯 你要是接了 能交不少好朋友 Got a good case for you, Davis. One that'll make you a lot of friends if you take it.
很好 你有什么麻烦 That's fine. What do you get out of it?
不是我 是我的一个朋友 因为判决不公而入狱 Me? Nothing. A friend of mine's in jail on a bum rap.
- 我想请你为他辩护 - 他做了什么 - I want you to defend him. - What'd he do?
他昨晚喝醉了 打了他的老女人 Why, he got drunk last night and beat up his old lady.
- 他母亲吗 - 是的 - His mother? - Yeah.
- 好家伙 - 你明白事情是什么样子的 - Nice fella. - Well, you know how things like that are.
- 他们判定了暴力殴打罪吗 - 他们要按沙利文法案来判决 - They book him on assault and battery? - They're gonna hook him on the Sullivan Act.
那伙计带着枪 用枪柄打了她 The sap was carrying a gun and beat her with the butt of it.
- 意外 对吗 - 纯属意外 - Accidentally? - Yeah, accidental.
要是她死了 就判谋杀 But if she kicks off, he's up for murder.
你觉得我会为这个家伙辩护吗 Do you think I'd defend a guy like that?
- 为什么不呢 - 我倒是想把他的脑袋给拧下来 - Why not? - I'd rather beat his brains out.
我不接 克拉茨 真倒胃口 I don't want the case, Kratz. It smells.
等等 等等 戴维斯 你拒绝之前 Now, wait a minute, just a minute, Davis, before you turn this down.
要是你接下这个案子的话 我们病房有很多人会和你合作 There are a lot of boys around my ward who'll play ball with you if you take it.
你不需要律师 克拉茨 你需要一个骗子 You don't want a lawyer, Kratz, you want a crook.
把这肮脏的生意给别人吧 Take your dirty work to somebody else.
别给我提什么诚实的律师道理 Now, don't pull any of that honest lawyer stuff on me.
大人物麦凯把你带出穷乡僻壤 "Big Shot" McKay didn't pick you out of the gutter...
送你上大学难道就没有什么目的吗 ...and send you through college for nothing.
- 出去 - 好 好 - Out. - All right, all right.
如果你改变主意 记得告诉我 When you change your mind, let me know.
打电话给我 你不当个不择手段的律师是没前途的 Call me up. You'll never get anywhere playing shyster for that rat.
嘿 Hey!
- 埃迪 - 是我 埃迪 - Eddie! - Yeah, Eddie.
那么对客人可不好 That's a swell way to treat a customer.
他是个狡诈的家伙 Just a greaseball!
他以为自己是司法部的老大啊 Well, if it isn't old man Department of Justice himself.
- 什么时候来的 - 今早飞来的 - When'd you get here? - Flew up this morning.
- 有任务吗 - 对 - Business? - Yeah.
坐 休息一会 Sit down. Park yourself.
没有铜钮扣 没有勋章 这是怎么回事 Well, well. What, no brass button, no badge? What is this?
没人有时间擦它们 Nobody has any time to polish them.
戴这个大勋章到处吓唬人太忙了 Too busy going around with a big badge frightening people.
真是个律师 毕业一年了 还是这样巧舌如簧 What a lawyer. A year out of school, you're using the same argument.
一直很好 上法律学校的长处 And it's still good. What's the use of going to law school...
就得发挥出来 对付警察和强盔 ...if you're gonna throw it over and play cops and robbers.
你要是用于实践 现在肯定是一流律师 If you had gone into practice, you'd be at the top now...
而不是东奔西跑 法律是伟大的游戏 ...instead of flatfooting around. Law's a great game.
也许吧 但你坐在桌子后面着实好笑 Maybe so. But you sure look funny sitting behind a desk.
既然你来了 我得好好招待你 I suppose I have to entertain while you're here.
这两天不行 我和一个叫德菲的有约 Not for a couple of days. I have an appointment with a chap named Durfee.
- 之后随便 - 不错嘛 - After that, okay. - That's swell.
我会把大部分工作处理完 应该能放一天假 I'll try to clean up most of my work. I think I can get a whole day off.
你生意很好吗 Are you getting much business?
生意很棒 我还得把一半客户赶出门外呢 Business is terrific. I have to throw half of it out.
开玩笑有什么用呢 布里克 What's the use of kidding, Brick?
开玩笑 Kidding?
你得把这些书擦干净 You ought to keep your law books dusted off.
眼力真好 Old eagle-eye.
- 很艰难吗 - 是啊 - Things are pretty tough, aren't they? - Yeah.
因为我不想当个不择手段的律师 But only because I don't wanna be a shyster.
那意味着敲诈勒索和颠倒是非 Which means blackmailing and ambulance chasing.
我已经陷进了死胡同 I've been in too many back alleys as a kid to wanna go back.
你得去西区办公 做正经生意 You've gotta have a West Side office to get decent business.
我在东区 And I've got the East Side and...
这里更高档 The elevated.
我希望你能为调查局工作 你会成为优秀的G号特工 I wish you were in the department. You'd make a good G-man.
- 你又开始了 - 是的 另外 你会喜欢这份工作的 - You starting that again? - Yeah. What's more, you'd like it.
你能出去长长见识 You'd be out seeing some action...
而不是坐在办公室里变得脑大肠肥 ...instead of sitting in a law office getting fat between the ears.
这是份很棒的工作 布里克 有很多好兄弟 It's a great department, Brick. A great bunch of fellas.
他们接到一个任务 就会一直坚持到结束 When they tackle a job, they stick to it till it's finished...
不会有脑大肠肥的政治家对着你颐指气使 ...and no fat-faced politician standing around telling them what to do.
我带了一份报告和申请书 想给你看看 I brought a department report along and an application I want you to read.
好好想想 我得走了 星期四见 Now, think it over, mule. I have to shove along. I'll see you Thursday.
好吧 埃迪 我会在这的 All right, Eddie, I'll be here.
- 我出局了 - 我也是 - Well, I'm out. - Same here.
- 你们两个对局吧 - 算算 - Let you two guys fight it out. - Check.
好吧 两百 Well, 200.
- 再来两个 - 你被叫了 - Two more. - You're called.
满分 Ace full.
说对了 桅子花给他带来了好运 The guy's right, the gardenia does bring him luck.
我相信好运还会继续的 This keeps up, I'll believe it.
- 是谁 - 德菲 - Who is it? - Durfee.
你好 莱格特 Hello, Leggett.
- 大伙儿好 - 你好 你干嘛这么慌张 - Hello, fellas. - Hello. What's eating you?
我有急事 借我点钱 The heat's on me. Will you lend me some dough?
- 钱 你开玩笑吧 - 不 是真的 - Dough? You wouldn't try to rib us? - No, on the level.
你印的假钞呢 How about that counterfeit you been printing?
- 没了 - 什么 - I haven't got any. - What?
政府的人跟着我 因为这邮局的事把公司搞垮了 A government guy tailing me for the post-office job wrecked the plant.
- 我得跨越州线逃走 - 真不走运 - I've gotta get across the state line. - Tough break.
- 可以吗 丹 - 可以 - Okay, Dan? - Yeah.
- 事情解决了告诉我们 - 好的 - Let us know when you're light. - Thanks.
- 我会加倍奉还的 再见 - 别忘了 - I'll pay you back, double. So long. - Don't forget that.
- 不会的 - 不要给我发牌 - No, I won't. - Deal me out.
运气真糟 It's a tough break.
他应该随身携带一把枪 He ought to get himself an arsenal and stick around.
那些政府的人连枪都没有 Why, those government guys don't even carry rods.
你被捕了 德菲 You're under arrest, Durfee.
把灯关了 Kill the lights.
给我枪 Give me a reacher.
- 什么事 - 警察抓住他了 - What's the matter? - Copper's got him.
布坎南尸体
政府探员被杀
银行劫匪德菲 被司法部和警察追捕
司法部申请表
路易 Louie.
- 你好 戴维斯 - 麦凯先生在吗 - How are you, Mr. Davis? - Is Mr. McKay in?
- 他在办公室 先生 - 谢谢 - He's in his office, sir. - Thank you.
进来 Yeah, come in.
你好 布里克 Oh, hello, Brick.
- 忙着呢 麦克 - 不 请进 - Busy, Mac? - No, come on in.
好了 请坐 Well, sit down.
- 抽根雪茄 - 不了 谢谢 - Have a cigar? - No, thanks.
你最近在干什么 Where have you been keeping yourself?
我在这附近开事务所 I've been sticking pretty close to the office.
- 生意好吗 - 不 不好 - Much business? - No, no.
说说看 你心里在想什么 Well, come on, kid, spill it. What's on your chest?
- 我有些事情想跟你说 - 请便 说吧 - I wanna talk some things over with you. - Go ahead, shoot.
麦克 老实说你在我身上花了多少钱 Tell me, Mac, how much did you spend on me?
- 我是说所有的费用 包括学费 - 大概两万 怎么啦 - I mean, education and everything? - About 20 grand. Why?
好大一笔钱 That's an awful lot of dough.
如果你喜欢这个人 这都是小钱 Chicken feed when you like a guy.
这是唯一的原因吗 Was that the only reason?
也许我希望这个人能和我一样有个好的起点 Well, maybe I wanted to see a kid that had the same start in life that I had...
去创造真正的成功 ...make a real success.
没什么成功可言 Haven't had much success.
做正经事没有人能随随便便成功的 Nobody gets ahead fast when they play the game on the level.
- 那是你希望我走的路吗 - 那是唯一的路 - That's the way you want me to play it? - That's the only way to play it.
我这一生都在奋斗 布里克 他们还不完的 除非用钱 I been in rackets all my life, Brick. They don't pay off. Except in dough.
麦克 看来我要和你失之交臂了 Well, Mac, it looks like I'm gonna cross you.
- 你不想变坏 - 不 不 - You wouldn't turn crook? - No, no.
但是我想放弃做律师 我想干好 却没用 But I am giving up the law business. I've tried to make a go of it, but it's no use.
我可能不适合这行 Guess I wasn't cut out to warm a desk chair.
也许你是对的 你打算干嘛 Well, maybe that's right. What are you gonna do?
我加入了司法部 I've joined the Department of Justice.
他们昨天接受了我的申请 They accepted my application yesterday.
你怎么会这么做 How'd you happen to do this?
因为布坎南 Buchanan.
我明白了 I got you.
他们要你去华盛顿 They want you in Washington.
我明早就走 Yeah, I'm leaving tomorrow morning.
那样的话 我就和你对立了 That puts me on the other side of the fence from you.
那是你应该去的地方 That's where you ought to be.
但是他们要抓你和所有的同伙 But they're out to get you. You and everybody else in your racket.
如果他们派我抓捕你 我一定会竭尽所能的 If they assign me to go after you, I've gotta use everything I know.
你和他们合作吧 布里克 You got to play ball with them, Brick.
去吧 Go to it.
麦克 Now, Mac...
你抓不到我 布里克 我要洗手不干了 You won't get me, Brick. I'm going to quit.
我很久以来一直在考虑这事 I've been thinking about it for a long time.
但是柯林斯和莱格特还有其他人呢 他们会让你不干吗 But what about Collins and Leggett and all the rest? Will they let you quit?
不管他们知不知道 他们还得听我的号令 They still take orders from me whether they know it or not.
- 嗨 路易 - 先生们 嗨 小伙子们 - Hi, Louie. - Gentlemen. Hi, boys.
嗨 路比 Hi, Ruby.
No comments yet. Be the first to leave one.