The first 200 lines.
我的女儿。 My daughter.
你在画什么? What are you drawing?
我在你的笔记本上看到的漂亮花,爸爸。 The pretty flower I saw in your notebook, Papa.
那是尸花,薇,记得吗? That's the corpse flower, Wei. Remember?
所以,它让自己发臭来吸引苍蝇? So, it makes itself smelly to attract flies?
肉蝇。 Flesh flies.
它们喜欢吗? And they love it?
是的,它们喜欢。 Yes, they do.
我可以去喂蛇吗? Can I go feed the snake?
好吧,可以,来吧。 Well, fine. Come on.
好的,薇。 Okay, Wei.
爸爸要回去工作了。 Dad is going back to work.
你去做完你的数学题。 You go finish your maths.
爸爸,你要修好你的脸吗? Dad, are you going to fix your face?
不只是我的脸,薇。 Not just my face, Wei.
我也会修好你的。 I will fix yours too.
薇。 Wei.
爸爸! Dad!
爸爸! Dad!
爸爸! Dad!
爸爸! Dad!
爸爸! Dad!
爸爸! Dad!
玲,但她是你的侄女。 Ling, but she's your niece.
我保证她不会有任何麻烦。 She won't be any trouble, I promise.
我本想把她留在我这里, I would have loved to keep her here with me,
但她在这里我能怎么办?你见过她了。 but what can I do with her here? You've seen her.
你知道他们怎么叫她吗? You know what they call her?
一个怪物。 A monster.
嗨,薇! Hi, Wei!
这里!这里! Here! Here!
这是我丑陋的小车。 Here is my ugly little car.
我以前开雷克萨斯。 I used to drive a Lexus.
来吧,你的行李箱。 Come on. Your suitcase.
你记得我上次见到你是什么时候吗? Do you remember the last time I saw you?
你比这个行李箱还小。 You were smaller than this suitcase.
你记得吗? - 嗯, Do you remember? - Uh-huh...
那也是我最后一次见到你父亲。 That was also the last time I saw your father.
如果他知道你获得了奖学金, If he knew that you've got the scholarship...
他会为你感到骄傲。 he would be so proud of you.
你必须像他一样成为一名科学家。 You have to become a scientist like he did.
来,让我看看。 Come, let me have a look.
好漂亮的围巾。 What a pretty scarf.
你知道吗? You know what?
我卖超棒的遮瑕产品, I sell excellent concealer products...
可以把它完全遮住! which can cover it right up!
好了,你累了,我们回家吧。 Well, you're tired. Let's go home.
我警告你,房子很乱。 I warn you, the house is a mess.
安吉拉没用的父亲把我们留在了装修到一半的房子里。 Angela's useless father left us in the middle of renovations.
现在我没钱完成装修了。 And now I can't afford to finish them.
混蛋! Arsehole!
你来这里真是太好了。 It's so great to have you here.
你会是安吉拉的好伴侣。 You'll be good company for Angela.
她现在不跟我说话。 She's not talking to me at the moment.
她总是出去玩,不想要任何兼职工作。 She goes out all the time, doesn't want any part-time jobs.
你会给她树立一个好榜样。 You will set a great example for her.
我们到家了。 And we're home.
你看看那混蛋留给我处理的是什么? You see what the bastard left me to deal with?
我一直在跟你表妹说。 I keep telling your cousin this.
你必须非常努力工作,拥有自己的事业。 You have to work very hard and have your career.
这样,你将来就不需要依赖任何人。 In this way, you don't need to rely on anyone in the future.
这是我的房子。 This is my house.
现在,别介意这里乱糟糟的。 For now, don't mind the mess.
当安吉拉的爸爸抛弃我们时, When Angela's dad ditched us...
我们正在装修。 we were in the middle of the renovations.
好吧,那是改天再说的故事。 Well, that's a story for another day.
那是我们的邻居,谢丽尔。 That's our neighbour, Sheryl.
她比真正的园丁便宜。 She's cheaper than a real gardener.
你好,谢丽尔! Hi, Sheryl!
我正在扩大我的美容产品业务。 I'm expanding my beauty products business.
我们的未来就在这些盒子里。 Our future is in these boxes.
进来吧! Come in!
真是烦人的狗。 Bloody annoying dog.
别叫了! Stop barking!
安吉拉,下来见见你表妹。 Angela, come down to meet your cousin.
比基!比基! Bikkie! Bikkie!
比基,不行! Bikkie, no!
比基!傻宝宝。 Bikkie! Silly baby.
嗨。 Hi.
抱歉,比基不喜欢陌生人。 Sorry. Bikkie doesn't like strangers.
哎!看看那个丑陋的洞。 Ugh! Look at that ugly hole.
再多卖一些,我就能装上漂亮的法式门了。 A few more sales and I'll have my beautiful French doors.
你能说我能听懂的语言吗? Can you speak in a language that I can actually understand?
跟你表妹学点中文也没坏处。 It wouldn't hurt you to learn a bit Chinese from your cousin.
没关系,我会说英语。 It's okay. I can speak English.
看?她英语说得多好! See? How good she speaks English!
你听起来已经像个新西兰人了! You sound like a Kiwi already!
你呢? And you?
安吉拉连基本的中文都不会。 Angela doesn't even know basic Chinese.
哈? Huh?
来,我带你看看你的房间。 Come. I'll show your room.
哈? Huh?
嘿,薇。 Hey, Wei.
妈妈正在热晚餐,你准备好了就下来吧。 Mum's just heating up dinner, so come down when you're ready.
我明天放学后帮你把钥匙弄好。 And I'll sort the keys out for you tomorrow after class.
我父亲。 My father.
嘿。 Hey.
嘿,爸爸,谢谢你回我电话。 Hey, Daddy. Thanks for calling me back.
我什么时候可以去看你? When can I come see you?
我只是想,看看你。 I just wanna... see you.
你知道,只是,我现在这里的情况不太好。 You know, just... Things are not great here right now.
我只是, I just...
我能去你那里住一段时间吗,拜托? Can I come and stay with you for a little bit, please?
我想你。我只是想, I miss you. I just wanna...
不,我不会给你添麻烦的,我发誓。 No, I won't be any trouble, I swear.
我真的很想你,爸爸。 I just really miss you, Dad.
拜托了。 Please.
不,你能听我说一次吗? No, can you just listen to me for once?
我只是不想待在这儿,好吗?我想和你在一起。 I just don't wanna be here, okay? I wanna be with you.
我想要, I want...
爸爸,请保佑我大学的第一天。 Papa, please watch over me on my first day of university.
我很快会去买叉烧,但在这之前, I'll get some char siu soon, but in the meantime...
请尝尝美味的新西兰食物。 please try some yummy New Zealand food.
你看起来迷路了。 You look lost.
你知道去科学楼的路吗? Do you know the way to the science building?
我叫薇。 My name's Wei.
我叫约翰。 My name is John.
然后,当他们在酒吧里说话时,他们说。 So then, when they spoke at the pub, they said.
“我们发现了”这是他们引述的, 'We have discovered' this is what they quoted...
“我们发现了生命的秘密。” 'We have discovered the secret of life.'
你们会在教科书的第23章找到它。 And you will find that in chapter 23 of your textbooks.
哦,对了,在你们走之前。 Uh, oh, and just before you go.
安吉拉·默里?这是今天早上的快速测试。 Angela Murray? These are the quick tests from this morning.
别担心,它们不会记录在你的学业成绩上。 Don't worry, they won't go on your academic record.
只是指出你需要改进的地方。 Just an indication of where you need to improve.
贾斯敏·雷拉尼? Jasmin Leilani?
是我。 That's me.
谢谢。 Thank you.
伊芙·梅多斯。 Eve Meadows.
92%。干得好,伊芙。 92%. Well done, Eve.
哦,你们其中有一位, Oh, there is one of you...
我们的奖学金学生,林,薇? our scholarship student, Lim... Wei?
是薇。 It's Wei.
满分 100%.
干得好。 Well done.
典型的中国佬。 - 好,时间不多了, Typical Chink. - Right, time's a-going...
所以剩下的人可以在出去的时候拿你们的分数。 so the rest of you can grab your scores on the way out.
哦,我想说的是,我正在找助手, Oh, I meant to say, I'm looking for minions...
所以如果你们想获得一些实验室经验来写在简历上, so if you're looking for some lab experience to go on your CV...
报名表在我的实验室里的一个剪贴板上。好吗? the sign-up sheet is on a clipboard in my lab. Okay?
好了,就这样。明天见。 Right, that's it. See you all tomorrow.
抱歉!我,我只是, Sorry! I was... I was just...
你手里拿的是什么? What have you got there?
没什么。这是我的。 Nothing. It's mine.
好吧,你污染了我的实验。 Well, that's my experiment you're contaminating.
给我看看。 Show me.
它属于我父亲。 It belongs to my father.
你父亲是科学家? Your father's a scientist?
曾经是。 Was.
所以这是你现在的研究? So this is your research now?
嗯哼。 Mm-hm.
嗯。 Hmm.
我告诉你。 I'll tell you what.
你可以当我的实验室助理。 You can be my lab assistant.
如果你幸运的话, And if you're lucky...
我可能会让你参与这个。 I might let you work on this.
哦!我需要这个。嗯! Oh! I needed this. Mm!
自从薇来了之后,我就没好好爽过了。 I have not had a good fuck since Wei showed up.
等等,这是什么? Wait, what is this?
一些奇怪的中国祖先崇拜的东西。 Some weird Chinese ancestor worship stuff.
妈妈为薇布置的,让她感觉更像在家。 Mum set it up for Wei so that she could feel more at home.
是啊,但是,那是什么? Yeah, but... what's that?
薇的爸爸。 Wei's Dad.
我的天。 - 嗯哼。 Oh my God. - Mm-hm.
薇也有一个。 Wei has one too.
这就解释了那条围巾。 - 对吧? That explains the scarf. - Right?
如果你觉得这很奇怪,你应该看看她的房间。 If you think that's weird, you should see her room.
哦。 Oh.
- 嗯,- 哇。 - Um... - Whoa.
好了,够了。我想我们应该,走了。 Okay, that's enough. I think we should... go.
拜托,安吉。我们什么时候才能再次有机会, Come on, Angie. When are we gonna get another chance...
参观一位天才的博物馆? to visit the museum of a brilliant prodigy?
我们现在应该走了。 We should go now.
是的,我们走吧。 Yeah, let's go.
- 是的。 - 我走了。 - Yeah. - I'm going.
嗨。 Hi.
不,对不起。你刚才把我们吓了一跳。 No, I'm sorry. You just gave us such a fright.
- 姑娘,对不起。 - 哦。嗨,薇。 - Girl, I'm sorry. - Oh. Hey, Wei.
伊芙,杰斯,这是我的表妹,薇。 Eve, Jas, this is my cousin, Wei.
- 嗨。 - 好。 - Hi. - Right.
只是在进行女孩之夜。 Just having a girls'night.
哦。 Oh.
那些是虾吗? Are those prawns?
- 嗯哼。 - 是的,都很好。 - Mm-hm. - Yes, that's all good.
我,只是对贝类非常过敏。 I'm... just very allergic to shellfish.
- 是的,- 嗯。 - Yeah... - Mmm.
只是,嗯, Just, um...
- ,告诉我们结局吧,薇。 - 嗯。 - ...tell us how it ends, Wei. - Mm.
大家眼睛向前看。 Eyes to the front, people.
嘿! Hey!
我们集中注意力,好吗? Let's focus, shall we?
如果你们有课本,请翻到第237页。 If you've got textbooks, open them to page 237.
我当时,就像,在车里试图给你发短信。 I was, like, trying to text you in the car.
然后她,就像, And she, like...
这天气怎么样? How about this weather?
这天气怎么样? How about this weather?
这天气怎么样? How about this weather?
当然。 Surely.
哦我的天。说曹操,曹操到, Oh my God. Speaking of the devil...
- 嗨! - 嘿。 - Hi! - Hey.
No comments yet. Be the first to leave one.